11:52, Wed 13 Dec
Probably Thin Lizzy, Odeon about 1976
What did the Knights in White satin?
12:09, Wed 13 Dec
Green Day, NIA, 2005
12:14, Wed 13 Dec
Miguelagenn
They played Bingley Hall 3 times in '82, I was at all of them. I went to every Jam Brum gig from November '79 (my first ever gig, I was 14). I also saw them on the Bucket & Spade tour at Bingley Hall, Stafford. I think that was 6 times in all. The last Jam gig in Brum was 41 years ago last week, lonnnng time ago.

Yeah I did Bingley Hall Stafford too, felt like a long way on a Vespa 125!
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
Joy Division Birmingham Odeon 24/10/79.

....was Buzzcocks really, but yeah blown away seeing Joy Division support them 👍😤

Haha, I guessed you’d spot that, as I recall you were there, too. JD just sounds wayyyy cooler.
12:48, Wed 13 Dec
Tall
Probably Thin Lizzy, Odeon about 1976

Was it the Odeon or the Town Hall in 1976? I’ve just acquired a bootleg of a Birmingham Lizzy show, said to be at the TH. 21 April, off the top of my head.
13:29, Wed 13 Dec
Oasis, NIA around 2000.
13:42, Wed 13 Dec
Miguelagenn
They played Bingley Hall 3 times in '82, I was at all of them. I went to every Jam Brum gig from November '79 (my first ever gig, I was 14). I also saw them on the Bucket & Spade tour at Bingley Hall, Stafford. I think that was 6 times in all. The last Jam gig in Brum was 41 years ago last week, lonnnng time ago.

I'm not being pedantic but....

"Been done before I’m sure, just watching mine again - The Jam, Bingley Hall, B’ham 1982. Still sends shivers, don’t think I blinked for the first 20 minutes!"

The 2 Bingley Hall, Stafford gigs were before your first gig.

Have I read it wrong?
15:04, Wed 13 Dec
Ricky Blotto
Oasis, NIA around 2000.

18th December 2002, Birmingham, NIA
19th December 2002, Birmingham, NIA

Or 1997

I went to both.

Ocean Colour Scene supported in 2002 which was the highlight.
Liam Gallagher had his teeth knocked out in Germany a couple of week prior,
Liam and Noel didn't look at each other once. Hated each other.

Just played the tunes and got off.
15:08, Wed 13 Dec
Miguelagenn
Miguelagenn

"Been done before I’m sure, just watching mine again - The Jam, Bingley Hall, B’ham 1982. Still sends shivers, don’t think I blinked for the first 20 minutes!"

Have I read it wrong?

I havn’t looked up the dates but I’ll bow to your better knowledge! In my head I’d certainly always got B’ham before Stafford for the last 40 years! Anyway, still great times! 👍
15:08, Wed 13 Dec
Ricky Blotto
Oasis, NIA around 2000.

Or 1997

I went to both.

Hmm, I think it must have been 1997 then, earlier than I thought! I was young, and can't remember it that well. I remember a car on stage though, think the drummer sat in and played from it?
15:16, Wed 13 Dec
Buddy Mercer
Queen at Birmingham Odeon, 9th Dec 1975, 'A Night at the Opera' tour
I was at that as well still stunned. First gig was probably Thin Lizzy Town Hall about 1974?
15:20, Wed 13 Dec
Ricky Blotto
Ricky Blotto
Oasis, NIA around 2000.

Or 1997

I went to both.

Hmm, I think it must have been 1997 then, earlier than I thought! I was young, and can't remember it that well. I remember a car on stage though, think the drummer sat in and played from it?

Yeah 1997 mate, My first gig too.

The stage was set up like the 'Be Here Now' album artwork.

Roll Royce,
Oversized phone Box which the band stepped out of,
Huge clock that is now in a pub in Angel London.

A great first gig though the band and those a couple of years older than us see that tour as the start of the decline.
15:22, Wed 13 Dec
theAtlas
Miguelagenn
Miguelagenn

Have I read it wrong?

I havn’t looked up the dates but I’ll bow to your better knowledge! In my head I’d certainly always got B’ham before Stafford for the last 40 years! Anyway, still great times! 👍

Just looked it up, think I was right after all, B’ham March 82 (Trans Global Express) and Stafford October 82 (Solid Bond tour).
15:24, Wed 13 Dec
I don't have knowledge, I have google. I can't remember what I did last week let alone 41 years ago.

[thejam.org.uk]

I'm probably wrong anyway, because there are Brum gigs either side of the Stafford show. I didn't realise they did Stafford just before that last tour.
15:43, Wed 13 Dec
That's it, definitely! Nice one.

Yeah, I just remember being completely blown away by the whole thing. Definitely the start of a love affair for gigs, festivals and live music in general.