17:03, Fri 15 Dec
kilbey
I'm so pleased to read all the positive comments about Tommy F. The family have been our next door neighbours for about 25 years, so I've known him since he was born. He comes from a very nice family, but, except for Tommy, they're mostly ,keen Man U fans. Tommy is, and always has been, blues. I don't know him well at all (we all live busy lives so most interaction is over the garden fence), but whenever I've spoken with him he is a really nice young man & a credit to his family and the club.

Tbf I know Mark somewhat.
20:32, Fri 15 Dec
Nikola Zigic
It is but it also doesn't show a pathway if you don't get a chance to be around the matchday squad when performances warrant it.

We've given loads of kids chances over the years but for some reason people keep trotting this out whenever anyone, reasonably, asks if he deserves a chance.

19th man soon at least.

Is that not an argument for why he's not ready? They've shown they're not scared to try.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:48, Fri 15 Dec
tebily
the gap is massive. i'm actually a bit sick of people clamouring for Dixon to play, if and when he's ready he'll get a chance

If it was that dramatic no one would produce any home grown players.
Dong Ren Out.
22:49, Fri 15 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Brian Sutherland'
tebily
the gap is massive. i'm actually a bit sick of people clamouring for Dixon to play, if and when he's ready he'll get a chance

A lot of the lads in the 23s in general would struggle in non league below the southern division.

That's not just at blues either.

Facts

Good job you’re not apart of an academy coaching team that has produced players like JJ then!
Dong Ren Out.
22:51, Fri 15 Dec

What Romelle Donovan that obviously ahead of the u21 age group as to earn a first team call up?

Not a loaded question either, I genuinely have no idea.
23:17, Fri 15 Dec
He must’ve impressed in training I’d assume, or maybe in the youth games.

Rooney has been raving about him since he first got here tbf. The big question mark about Dixon is his attitude.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
00:08, Sat 16 Dec
LondonBlue
Iain_Gavin
Brian Sutherland'
tebily

A lot of the lads in the 23s in general would struggle in non league below the southern division.

Facts

Good job you’re not apart of an academy coaching team that has produced players like JJ then!

Jordan James was in the first team at 17 - he’s not really the example you’re looking for. He’s the needle in the haystack
00:12, Sat 16 Dec
LondonBlue
Iain_Gavin
Brian Sutherland'
tebily

Facts

Jordan James was in the first team at 17 - he’s not really the example you’re looking for. He’s the needle in the haystack

Some haystack [www.transfermarkt.co.uk]
00:39, Sat 16 Dec
Needle in a haystack?

Jude, Jobe, Romelle, Redmond, Mutch, Gray, Hall etc

It’s quite concerning that they’d never get a chance because of the ‘oh well, they won’t make it, I’m pretty such they can’t handle the step up to men’s football’ attitude.

Back to the original point, It’d be great to see him off the bench at some point. Sounds like Kamara is a handful, too.
Dong Ren Out.
00:41, Sat 16 Dec
So in 24 years, our academy has produced only 37 players who have played more than 10 league games.

And out of that 37 it’s including people like Kortney Hause who was in the academy for less than 12 months?

None of which is relevant to the point the poster made which is that most of our U21s would struggle in non league which speaking as someone who watches a lot of step 3 football - I agree with
00:44, Sat 16 Dec
LondonBlue
Needle in a haystack?

It’s quite concerning that they’d never get a chance because of the ‘oh well, they won’t make it, I’m pretty such they can’t handle the step up to men’s football’ attitude.

Back to the original point, It’d be great to see him off the bench at some point. Sounds like Kamara is a handful, too.

If they’re good enough, they’ll get a chance, it’s that simple - Junior Dixon has never played a game of men’s football in his life and people want him playing in the Championship. Look back just over the last 10 years at the kids we’ve had smashing goals in the u21’s / u23’s. It’s really not a barometer
00:57, Sat 16 Dec
LondonBlue
Needle in a haystack?

You’re backing up his point really. For every player you name from the academy that’s made it you could name dozens that haven’t.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
01:31, Sat 16 Dec
“People want him in the Championship”

Er, no. But the lad has done well and it’d be a positive to prove we’re a ‘Club that will give opportunities to our development players” rather than “yeah, but if they can’t beat Sutton Coldfield Town then what’s the point?’.
Dong Ren Out.