We have decided to pretty much have that as christmas dinner - it will have the additions of a whole load of seafood but we decided we enjoyed our christmas dinner starters (which is what we have that as) more than the main dinner - so knocking the dinner on the head and having a massive charcuterie / seafod / cheese feast
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
22:21, Sun 17 Dec
Linked Image
Tony Fantastico
22:29, Sun 17 Dec
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ whats your problem ????? Don't like turkey so for last few years had somethign different instead and when we asked kids what they wanted this year they said can we not have the main meal and just have more of the starter .
22:33, Sun 17 Dec
I love a good Sunday Dinner done well. Agreed though about Turkey. Shite
Tony Fantastico
08:12, Mon 18 Dec
Seafood and cheese for Christmas dinner. πŸ™ƒπŸ˜
16:39, Mon 18 Dec
Most of the usual places like Lynher Diaries and Neal's Yard are either out of stock of Kern or wont deliver for Xmas by now.

Cheesegeek has a superb range (currently has Kern), if a bit overpriced, but delivery options are good.

Do go for Kern, not Yarg.

It's like Class A drugs versus Class B.
LBN
16:53, Mon 18 Dec
Ricky Blotto

I just can't imagine Christmas without turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and sprouts.
17:26, Mon 18 Dec
LBN
I've got the Long Clawson dairy on my doorstep so it's Rutland Red, Blue Shropshire, Charnwood and Mature Blue Stilton for me.

Surprised there's not been an Xmas whisky thread yet.
17:56, Mon 18 Dec
LBN
Ricky Blotto

I just can't imagine Christmas without turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and sprouts.

Roast dinner is by far the most overrated meal ever invented.
18:03, Mon 18 Dec
It is indeed. Unfortunately, tradition overrides tastebuds. I’ll be cooking the same old stuff this year/ hours of prep/ cooking, minutes of wolfing it down. Would love to do something different.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
18:51, Mon 18 Dec
Honestly do it you won't regret it. We started by stopping the turkey, and the wife and kids love a roast. But it was them this year that said they didn't want it and wanted something different. We currently have at least 5 different types of meat, more types of seafood and have yet to buy the cheese or other accompaniments.
18:56, Mon 18 Dec
Couple of Indie cheese shops in Hereford- trying there as got some before
18:58, Mon 18 Dec
I see what you are doing there.I see what you are doing there. You are having a Sunday roast.. You are having a Sunday roastπŸ₯³
20:28, Mon 18 Dec
bluefrank
Most of the usual places like Lynher Diaries and Neal's Yard are either out of stock of Kern or wont deliver for Xmas by now.

Cheesegeek has a superb range (currently has Kern), if a bit overpriced, but delivery options are good.

Do go for Kern, not Yarg.

It's like Class A drugs versus Class B.

As a lover of both cheese and drugs I commend this post
20:56, Mon 18 Dec
Apparently too much drugs can turn your brain into cheese.

As a consequence I'm eating nothing but cheese til New Year in the hope it turns my brain into loads of drugs.