07:53, Tue 19 Dec
Can't stand him but credit where it's due , he's done well. His throw ins are shit though. Twice in the second half they got headed back out to him but then he flung two sexy crosses back into their box . He's got a lovely cross on him

His throw ins were dangerous last night. One was nearly flicked in, required a good save, and the others as you say resulted in panicked defending and decent crosses going in. What's the problem?
07:57, Tue 19 Dec
This. The throw ins aren't an issue at all, they were much more effective than our corner taking last night.
07:58, Tue 19 Dec
Can't stand him but credit where it's due , he's done well. His throw ins are shit though. Twice in the second half they got headed back out to him but then he flung two sexy crosses back into their box . He's got a lovely cross on him

His throw ins were dangerous last night. One was nearly flicked in, required a good save, and the others as you say resulted in panicked defending and decent crosses going in. What's the problem?

The oroblem is, you need Marc Roberts on the end of them
08:01, Tue 19 Dec
Buddy Mercer

The oroblem is, you need Marc Roberts on the end of them

I always think this has been one of the enduring problems with them ha
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
08:16, Tue 19 Dec
NouCamp
Have been one of his harshest critics but thought he was very good tonight

Yeah he got out paced and caught out defensively a few times but he was composed and brave on the ball, distribution more than decent and won a lot in the air from set pieces

He stood out, well played

Not his fault, but if you ask him to defend on the halfway line, you will get goals like their second one yesterday. Embarassing watching him and Sanderson (who I thought was a bit quicker) chasing after Dewsbury Hall like 2 old women chasing a bus. He’s an adequate head it kick block it lower end Championship centre half but we need way better.

One of the positives for me over the last few weeks has been the thought that a large number of goals we’ve conceded were down to the deficiency's of our own players rather than anything glaringly tactical
09:03, Tue 19 Dec
Good passer and he can whip in a cross like Beckham. Though, I would sub him and fine him every time he does his long throw in.

It's more Pulis, than Pep and it needs consigning to the bin.
09:05, Tue 19 Dec
He played really good last night and has done since he came in.
10:59, Tue 19 Dec
Maybe its just me and the angle from Tv but it looked like Sanderson should have read the situation a lot earlier than he did, yes Roberts was high and thats always a risk but Sanderson was deeper just wider than he needed to be given the only outlet that was on and didnt seem to react - and nor did he seem to change speed. It looked very odd
11:04, Tue 19 Dec
in the ground it looked like a great ball that split them and they didn't have the pace, but watching the replay it looked like it took Roberts a couple of seconds to react to the Dewsbury Hall run and he didnt have the legs to catch him.

I've not been overly impressed with Aiwu at centre back, but he definitely would have caught him up in a foot race - be interesting to see what Rooney does when Drameh is back - whether he goes back to Aiwu alongside Sanderson
11:05, Tue 19 Dec
Aiwu ain't got it.

Good at last ditch defending and interceptions but hasn't got a brain or the ability to pass.

I'm convinced we'll sign a centre half with pace in Jan.
H

Consistently correct.
11:09, Tue 19 Dec
cant say i've been overly impressed with Aiwu either - been better at RB but i'd rather have Dramah or Laird instead.

Roberts and Sanderson have been stronger but it certainly seems like they need someone with pace next to them
11:09, Tue 19 Dec
Yeah he's not good enough - but if we are asking our defenders to defend on the halfway line, he will cost us less goals than Roberts or Long. Think it was Southampton away his pace saved us a couple of times.

The way Rooney wants to play he needs a keeper, 2 centre halves and holding midfielder reinforcements ASAP.
11:16, Tue 19 Dec
Iain_Gavin
in the ground it looked like a great ball that split them and they didn't have the pace, but watching the replay it looked like it took Roberts a couple of seconds to react to the Dewsbury Hall run and he didnt have the legs to catch him.

I've not been overly impressed with Aiwu at centre back, but he definitely would have caught him up in a foot race - be interesting to see what Rooney does when Drameh is back - whether he goes back to Aiwu alongside Sanderson

As you say a bit too slow to see what was about to happen and react. All it needed was for robbo to just block the runner and for sanders to leg it back so Leicester couldn't argue for a red card/last man/denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and all that.

But to be honest leicester are a very good side and very dangerous going forward. Take the hit, take the positives from the fight of the team and 2 goals for JJ. We go again 💪