15:10, Tue 19 Dec
Real Madrid and Chelsea in for him, hopefully a decent fee we've got a sell on clause in place
15:16, Tue 19 Dec
No they're not.

They had scouts looking at him, which is not the same thing at all.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
15:18, Tue 19 Dec
He’ll never be any good. The experts on here assured me of that. Possibly the same ones who taught me that JJ was destined for the lower leages
15:19, Tue 19 Dec
I remember when Chelsea scouts were "in" for Nico Gordon.

Any decent team will be watching every U21 player in Championship and Leagues 1&2 for players to hoover up, boost their academy or flog for a profit without playing a game for them.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
Tha Project OBE
He’ll never be any good. The experts on here assured me of that. Possibly the same ones who taught me that JJ was destined for the lower leages

This, he was pronounced as rubbish and of not having a future in the top level by some of SHA's brightest, so you can take that to the bastard bank.
Up the feckin Blues
06:53, Wed 20 Dec
Bluesince62
Tha Project OBE

This, he was pronounced as rubbish and of not having a future in the top level by some of SHA's brightest, so you can take that to the bastard bank.

One thing we've learnt over the years is that a lot of Blues fans can't spot a decent footballer.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
07:04, Wed 20 Dec
I really wanted Jobe to do well for us especially after he came under criticism after the Sunderland match. But in truth he didn’t look anything particularly special.

Maybe it was simply a year too early, the pressure of performing like his brother or the manager but i am surprised how well he has done.
09:10, Wed 20 Dec
GBBlue
I really wanted Jobe to do well for us especially after he came under criticism after the Sunderland match. But in truth he didn’t look anything particularly special.

Maybe it was simply a year too early, the pressure of performing like his brother or the manager but i am surprised how well he has done.

Or playing him out of position
09:12, Wed 20 Dec
IanT
Bluesince62
Tha Project OBE

One thing we've learnt over the years is that a lot of Blues fans can't spot a decent footballer.

This. Lots of people just don't make allowances for younger players.

The amount of people writing off JJ & Jobe when they were playing in our first team at 17/18 is mad.

Both look nailed on to play in the Prem for many years.
09:23, Wed 20 Dec
This guy could be the new Thanasis Antetokounmpo.
09:43, Wed 20 Dec
fradge
IanT
Bluesince62
Tha Project OBE

The amount of people writing off JJ & Jobe when they were playing in our first team at 17/18 is mad.

It’s also fair to say that those who pointed out last season that the style of football was ridiculous after Christmas considering the amount of players who needed the ball to feet to excel. Jobe being one of those numerous players. It was ridiculous really
Tony Fantastico
09:52, Wed 20 Dec
David Xavis
GBBlue

Or playing him out of position

The being only 17 thing really isn't too trifling a matter either.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
10:01, Wed 20 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
fradge
IanT
Bluesince62
Tha Project OBE

It’s also fair to say that those who pointed out last season that the style of football was ridiculous after Christmas considering the amount of players who needed the ball to feet to excel. Jobe being one of those numerous players. It was ridiculous really

Are you really suggesting it’s more effective to actually kick the ball to each other rather than belting it up field, ‘fighting’ for it (or not depending on our selection of front man), losing it, and retreating to the trench on our 18 yard line? I’m off to consult my early FA coaching manual.
Rab C Nesbitt
fradge
IanT
Bluesince62
Tha Project OBE

It is, indeed, very fair to say that 👍
Up the feckin Blues
Again it’s also fair to say we played more football this season before he got sacked
Tony Fantastico