08:50, Wed 27 Dec
Based on what though?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:57, Wed 27 Dec
This is it in a nutshell. We’re seeing these ridiculous tactics week after week.
My old Mum could spot the way to score 3 upwards against us.
It is suicide.
I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that, never mind 27 goals, we could easily have let in somewhere between 40 and 50 in his THIRTEEN games in charge!
Boro, Southampton, Sunderland, Leicester, Blackburn, Stoke (quickly off the top of my head) could all have had 3-4 more.
It’s madness
09:05, Wed 27 Dec
Le Mod
The set up is madness, he wants the defenders to be aggressive and challenge for every ball, it’s creating gaps and a situation where every time we lose a challenge we are in danger of conceding

Take the 2nd goal, one header and flick and they’re 4 vs 2 from our own goal kick that’s been punted to the half way line

It’s bonkers, nobody else plays this way.

27 goals conceded in 13 games for a team who was defensively rock solid beforehand, and we’ve actually got worse statistically going forward.

👏👏👏

People can say what they want about the players but the number of times we're exposed at the back is nothing to do with players making errors, it's tactical suicide that only works if you can consistently outscore the opposition.
09:13, Wed 27 Dec
Le Mod
Yeah, we’ve had that performance about 7 times now, what is it, 6 times we’ve conceded 3 more on 13 games? Then there’s the Boro and Hill games where we conceded fewer but were abysmal

With the exception of Cardiff every team has had plenty of opportunities to score three or more and would have done so with better finishing.
Those who have scored three or more have let us off lightly..
So Wayne, you’re talking crap, your performances are very recognisable. Just watch the games back. Our problem is now that other teams are seeing how easy it is to exploit us it’s going to get worse.
I predict, based on last night, Bristol and Leeds will score a minimum of eight combined, probably more.
bluer than blues
Le Mod
The set up is madness, he wants the defenders to be aggressive and challenge for every ball, it’s creating gaps and a situation where every time we lose a challenge we are in danger of conceding

Take the 2nd goal, one header and flick and they’re 4 vs 2 from our own goal kick that’s been punted to the half way line

27 goals conceded in 13 games for a team who was defensively rock solid beforehand, and we’ve actually got worse statistically going forward.

👏👏👏

People can say what they want about the players but the number of times we're exposed at the back is nothing to do with players making errors, it's tactical suicide that only works if you can consistently outscore the opposition.

Finally some sense
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:13, Wed 27 Dec
MNafti
It was very recognisable.

Yep
09:22, Wed 27 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Based on what though?
No leadership on the pitch. Other teams reffing games at tmes. It’s a constant
Tony Fantastico
10:04, Wed 27 Dec
So we ask the full backs to stay deeper? Then what, we invite more sustained pressure. We may have
more players back and have less opportunity to be hit on a counter attack.

But guess what Sanderson and also Roberts still have a clanger or two a game in them. Roberts because he is limited and Sanderson because he thinks he is a better player than he is. Aiwu and Longelo aren’t defensive FBs by nature either.

We will be less punchy up front so it will be narrow
1-0 defeats instead on 3-2 and 3-1s. It is Hobson’s choice.

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when Rooney is replaced and this merry band of players carry on losing more often than win under the new manager. Wholesale replacements are required whatevr the managerial decisions are.
10:08, Wed 27 Dec
It’s been the same for 80% of the time you’ve been here Wayne

Want it to work badly but you need to prove yourself.

13 games is enough to start getting grief
10:10, Wed 27 Dec
I’m not seeing any great leadership off the pitch either..
Yeah, I recognise that performance like one of my own kids. Seen it a effing lot Wayne.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:27, Wed 27 Dec
PRBlue
I’m not seeing any great leadership off the pitch either..
Probably true as well
Tony Fantastico
10:32, Wed 27 Dec
Nikola Zigic
bluer than blues
Le Mod

👏👏👏

Finally some sense

Yep - if you've gone from being a plausible, decent side who are now regularly letting average teams beat you handsomely, tactics are playing some part. Laird and Buchanan were also missing for a good deal of the Eustace purple patch, so it's not just missing a couple of first-choice full-backs.
10:35, Wed 27 Dec
GBBlue
I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when Rooney is replaced and this merry band of players carry on losing more often than win under the new manager. Wholesale replacements are required whatevr the managerial decisions are.
Merry band of players who were 6th in the table with the 2nd least amount of goals conceded in the league and beaten the likes of Leeds, Bristol City away and West Brom?

Anyone thinking we can't do much better than we are now with this group of players is deluded.
11:11, Wed 27 Dec
Brad1875
GBBlue
Merry band of players who were 6th in the table with the 2nd least amount of goals conceded in the league and beaten the likes of Leeds, Bristol City away and West Brom?

Anyone thinking we can't do much better than we are now with this group of players is deluded.

Do I think we would have more points on the board with Eustace, yes. Not many more though. We had some good fortune earlier this season. Leeds, Plymouth and definitely WBA.

As I say Rooney is close to toast. Fans will no doubt get a Rowett/Eustace type back in charge so lets see. If the new gaffer has the same players to pick and limited opportunities to play Laird, Buchanan, Long, Hall, Anderson and Dramah I doubt it.

I am not necessarily defending Rooney but the players at his disposal are bottom third in the championship in terms of talent.