10:28, Fri 29 Dec
If results continue will Rooney hold his hands up and say eustace was right - this team are just not good enough to play this brand of no fear exciting football?

Revert back to what eustace was doing until we can get the right players in or carry on until we are in the bottom 3 ( based on form since he took over rhat wont be too long now )

Cook and Rooney might need to tell wagner they were wrong and the men he sacked for lacking ambition know more about the game at this level
10:34, Fri 29 Dec
I for one am glad there's yet another post on Rooney. This one is so different from the others!
10:34, Fri 29 Dec
He could do what Saint Steve did with Forest last year, tweaked it, first a bit too far, then retweaked it until he got better results

Admittedly Steve had better, faster more confident players to execute the more direct plan that was sort of effective but ya know, tweak it. He doesn't necessarily have to go back to Villa John ball. There may be a middle way.

The other problem he's got is that rather than being applauded for being flexible, like Saint Steve was, he'll be slaughtered for being indecisive and flakey.
Or hold his hands up admit the job is beyond his limited capability and just resign?
12:07, Fri 29 Dec
We went back to a far more pragmatic approach against Cardiff, won and if I remember correctly he received loads of praise for being prepared to change it. I was very much encouraged by that and then we go back to square one resulting in Boxing Day’s shitshow.
12:12, Fri 29 Dec
Tom TheProject Brady
I for one am glad there's yet another post on Rooney. This one is so different from the others!

I for one am also just glad the OP got Cooks' name right.
Up the feckin Blues
Tam
12:35, Fri 29 Dec
Bluesince62
Tom TheProject Brady

I for one am also just glad the OP got Cooks' name right.

So am I. Gary will be delighted.
Make Blues Great Again
12:37, Fri 29 Dec
Tam
😄
Up the feckin Blues
Reedy1968
If results continue will Rooney hold his hands up and say eustace was right - this team are just not good enough to play this brand of no fear exciting football?

Revert back to what eustace was doing until we can get the right players in or carry on until we are in the bottom 3 ( based on form since he took over rhat wont be too long now )

Cook and Rooney might need to tell wagner they were wrong and the men he sacked for lacking ambition know more about the game at this level

I've always thought it was worrying that they didn't take on board what JE told them about our current situation. Did they want him to say we were going win every game 3-0 and romp the league 'Man City' style?

I am so glad we have these owners but with regards to 'on field' football knowledge \ decisions i would give them 0\10
For off field work i give them 10\10. Hopefully, it's a learning curve and they adopt a ' more haste less speed'
approach.

I've said it before that if they don't get more realistic and calm down these owners could mess this whole thing up for themselves. The next big decision RE: Rooney might give us an indication of where they are at.

If we keep losing and he stays then you'd have to wonder why they weren't prepared to entertain a manager
who was a 'steady eddy' but happy to persist with someone plummeting us into relegation fight?

Interesting times
Yes unfortunately this is where I’m at with them. They’ve done great off the field, and fixing the stadium, but it all seems rather redundant when on the field we’re an absolute shambles, with a poor manager who has made every player worse (except for James). Add to that we’re an absolute laughing stock again for other fans, the press and pundits. All this negative publicity can’t be good for the club surely.
13:15, Fri 29 Dec
Brilliant summary.

The Cardiff game showed more than any other game so far that he’s able to adapt. Feels like the players are the ones unable to do so atm
13:25, Fri 29 Dec
He was probably told to do it by Cooky
13:26, Fri 29 Dec
The thread will be about 3 pages long by 5pm.
13:44, Fri 29 Dec
I will contribute. We played extremely well in the first half against Plymouth, without that brainfart by Sanderson we would have been potential 3 or more up by half time. Cardiff we played well, Leicester we attacked well but left ourselves exposed. I didn't see Stoke so that is why I am more optimistic about tonight than others.

Eustace had Laird, Buchanan, Long and Anderson available and fit throughout the early performances. It was only Huddersfield & WBA where Eustace had to cope with the loss of most of the above, I will die on a hill arguing that without the timing of that pen against the Baggies we were on our way to a battering. I think losing key personnel and the drop in form of Sanderson & Ruddy has been Rooney's issue more than tactics.
13:45, Fri 29 Dec
Spot on

Post more.