07:17, Sat 30 Dec
None, get rid now.
If after 13 games your priority is to keep a clean sheet at home it’s time to go
Get a new manager in, accept you will probably lose at Leeds Hull, and give him as much time as you can before the Swansea game to sort this shit storm out.
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
07:40, Sat 30 Dec
Is the right answer.
08:00, Sat 30 Dec
As the owner I'm firstly asking how much I'm able / prepared to spend in January to upgrade the team so it is better able to implement "the plan". If that's not going to happen I'm probably thinking we need to change things in the short term at least.

More importantly, as a non-footballing sort of dude, do I still have confidence in the people advising me? Am I getting a believable narrative about what's going wrong and what we need to do to correct it or am I thinking I've got the wrong people on board? It's not just about Rooney.

I suspect there'll be some rowing back on this no fear football lark for the time being. Probably as owner I'll be hoping that Rooney setting up the team not to concede will be much the same as getting somebody else in to do that job to keep us out of trouble until the summer. The vision is still there but I'm going to have to accept it'll take longer to get there. So I'm not sacking him just now but I'm getting very nervous.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
10:51, Sat 30 Dec
Get rid. I wanted him to work out, I thought he'd work out. I was wrong. We've looked good in patches but when you break it down it probably equates to 45 mins of football in total out of 14 games. Not good enough. Shutting up shop at home to Bristol city is unacceptable. Getting battered by stoke is unacceptable. A 0-0 at home to Rotherham is unacceptable. Taking Stansfield and Dembele off after 60 mins every week is unacceptable.Playing Oliver Burke is unacceptable. Time to go.
10:58, Sat 30 Dec
What I think will happen- A

He'll get sacked after we get walloped at the Hawthorns in early Feb and drop into the bottom three.

What I would do- C

Gorra gew.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:17, Sat 30 Dec
c)

Plus, continue to try to develop the winning mentality, but publicly ditch the 'no fear' approach as a lesson learned. Read any book by people who deal with real fear in their work (life or death) and many will explain that the presence of fear is very important, but it's how you manage/deal with it that matters. The correct approach comes from training in an environment where you simulate/reproduce the situation which creates the fear as much as possible. But you don't try to have 'no fear' because that's just illogical - the presence of fear is a natural occurence designed to keep us alive.

This time get a manager with proven ability - not necessarily world class but ideally 'championship level' class.
11:21, Sat 30 Dec
WR Blue
c)

Plus, continue to try to develop the winning mentality, but publicly ditch the 'no fear' approach as a lesson learned. Read any book by people who deal with real fear in their work (life or death) and many will explain that the presence of fear is very important, but it's how you manage/deal with it that matters. The correct approach comes from training in an environment where you simulate/reproduce the situation which creates the fear as much as possible. But you don't try to have 'no fear' because that's just illogical - the presence of fear is a natural occurence designed to keep us alive.

This time get a manager with proven ability - not necessarily world class but ideally 'championship level' class.

Mowbray would be ideal, IMHO. Still on the fence about Rooney though - but mainly because I don't really do hypothetical what ifs much. The decision is with the owners, so not a lot of point me sharing my A's, B's or C's.
Up the feckin Blues
11:21, Sat 30 Dec
Sunk investment fallacy. Correct mistakes asap before they become catastrophic. Rooney needs to go immediately.
11:23, Sat 30 Dec
Sack now.

10 points from 42 is quite clearly relegation form.

Other than a few parts of flames here and there, there has been nothing to suggest he knows what to do, let alone how to improve things.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:26, Sat 30 Dec
Personally I’d sack him, but I’d never have been daft enough to have considered him for the job. I’d not have sacked a manager mid season who was doing ok either.

But I think they’ll give him until feb and then we will get in a warnock type to save us.
16:01, Sat 30 Dec
Inspector Montalbano
As owner I want Wayne for his international prestige to help bring in revenue. I don't want to pay out the remaining 3 years of his contract so I bring in a new coach like Mowbray who is actually a new manager but who runs training etc while Wayne presses the flesh with sponsors. The team improves, Wayne gets the credit and he may learn something. This would be my win win compromise.

Agree. Or Brucie or Hodgson?
16:04, Sat 30 Dec
C - get rid ASAP and bring the feelgood factor back
16:08, Sat 30 Dec
Newbs
C - get rid ASAP and bring the feelgood factor back

February 2011 is a bloody long time ago.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person