21:40, Sat 30 Dec
I think it's unfortunate as well that our two best recent performances, Cardiff and Plymouth have both been away. There hasn't been much joy at home, which is where most fans see us.
At Plymouth i came away thinking we'd done ok, particularly playing with 10.
in the first half we were much the better team.
If we could have done that v Stoke or Bristol City there would be less angst.
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
number8
I'd love Rooney to go to Leeds and win 3-0 to shut everyone up.

And yes, he's had injuries to players who'd start (but appear to be made of glass) so it's not been perfect.

And Cooke gave him a terrible handicap with the "no fear" stuff.

But after nearly 3 months here, I dont think he's improved anything in how we play, and I still don't see how he wants to play as it changes all the time. I'm not sure we've got much to manoeuvre with in Jan to make it "his" squad, and part of me thinks it might already be too late to rebuild the relationship with the fans as I think this is, unfortunately, the most toxic I can remember.

I'm not saying sack him right now, but if we get properly done by Leeds, I think he'll have to beat Swansea at home or its curtains. And I dont think he could argue much against it.

True story. A poster got pelters for spelling Cook with an 'e' the other day.
Probably better using bic tbf.
What a waste
Tony Fantastico
21:46, Sat 30 Dec
I want Blues to win games so will always support the manager. I loved Rooney as a player. Want him to do well

I just can’t see where the next win is coming from
21:47, Sat 30 Dec
As they say "out of the mouths of babes..."

Proof positive , if indeed more proof is needed , Rooney has to go... Because if we need more proof , it will be proof absolute , which is Division one....
21:52, Sat 30 Dec
Sheep2
I think it's unfortunate as well that our two best recent performances, Cardiff and Plymouth have both been away. There hasn't been much joy at home, which is where most fans see us.
At Plymouth i came away thinking we'd done ok, particularly playing with 10.
in the first half we were much the better team.
If we could have done that v Stoke or Bristol City there would be less angst.

I accept what you’re saying about the home games but, ultimately, there’s nothing ‘unfortunate’ about it. We didn’t even attempt to win the game last night. From the outset, and even then as the game progressed against a team offering very little, we showed no desire to win and/or capability of winning.
21:59, Sat 30 Dec
But we did show a desire to not lose.

(This is the optimists thread. Or motto is deinceps et in obliquum)
22:07, Sat 30 Dec
Agree mate give him time 13 games what a joke to be saying he has to go. Not had a full squad for any game

Needs a window would love to see who he goes for

Crying out for a play maker in midfield experienced head and couple of strikers on loan or a good buy

Has to be given longer than this
22:07, Sat 30 Dec
My Blue Heaven
I want Blues to win games so will always support the manager. I loved Rooney as a player. Want him to do well

I just can’t see where the next win is coming from

Exactly my thoughts.

I don’t think he’ll win again, whether he’s got a week left or 4 months
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
22:09, Sat 30 Dec
quark
Fat Buddha CBE
It’s not really hopelessly optimistic. I’m not really optimistic but I do believe the fella, any fella, should be given a fair chance. Plenty will say 13 games is a fair chance, I don’t think it is. Taking into account the inability to pick loads and loads of players who would be first or second choice firms my view up on that.

We have players coming back, probably players coming in, let’s see how the next 13 games go, hopefully with better players consistently available.

But after that 14 games (as it is now) Rooney and his coaching staff have not improved any player (jj looks better but thats because he is playing) every other player looks either no better (a few) or a lot worse (quite a lot)
We still have no discernable style of play.
I still can not see how we intent to create chances or score
Defencively we are often a shambles
Rooneys substitutions are strange at best.
After 14 games this is not acceptable nor is 10 points out of a possible 42 from those 14 games.
If we had played well in most of those games, looked organised, or had a lot of bad luck I could see you point.
We haven't we have been awful its time for him to go ASAP

You can't exempt Jordan James on that basis, that's crazy. He has improved Jordan James.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:15, Sat 30 Dec
Not taking any positives away from WR, but James had already improved as early as pre season and played a blinder for Wales v Croatia in October, a few days before Rooney’s first game in charge.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
22:20, Sat 30 Dec
Agree 100%
I don’t think he’ll win again, whether he’s got a week left or 4 months

...you don't think we're going to win a game in 4 months, feck me you might as well give up 😤
22:48, Sat 30 Dec
He needs a Snickers, he’s not himself when he’s hungry.
22:53, Sat 30 Dec
Mr Driscoll
Not taking any positives away from WR, but James had already improved as early as pre season and played a blinder for Wales v Croatia in October, a few days before Rooney’s first game in charge.

Was that all his improvement? Since then complete plateau?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
23:02, Sat 30 Dec
yeehaw
I’m the idiot that defended Karanka until his final days. “Look what he did at Middlesbrough”… “The rot is deep, he just needs more time”… I’m fighting that same voice now.

I can’t help but think, given how we played at times against Plymouth and Leicester especially, that we are just a couple of months away from looking quality under Rooney. I’m also looking at things out of the manager’s control: a horrid streak of injuries, some awful individual errors from experienced players that have cancelled out several would-be wins…

Don’t get me wrong, I see the issues too. I can’t get my head around some of the defensive shapes we are attempting, especially considering so many players are playing out of position due to the aforementioned injury crisis. Our line has been suicidally high at times, and for little tactical gain. And then there’s the substitutes…

I just hate turning on our own, you know? Shouldn’t we wait to see what the transfer window brings? Or am I all alone again? Seems like the fans have well and truly turned against him now. The only way to get them back is to start winning convincingly and immediately, which I frankly can’t see happening.

Whatever happens, I know these owners will get it right in the end. I’m not stressed. KRO

I’m with you … last night wasn’t the car crash that many wanted it to be to fit their agenda but they’re still talking like it was . Some were against from the very start and nothing will bring them back on board. Very sad … only hope Knighthead don’t think “ feck these @rseoles “ you couldn’t blame them