19:40, Tue 2 Jan
Nobleman
Peakyblue
Was just hopin we could be nicer to each other and back the club we all support. Ridiculous really.

Totally rad idea. Lets all stop being jerks.

Feck you

(Not really)

💙
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:54, Tue 2 Jan
Did he never recover because of the fans or because he isnt up to scratch as a manager?

The personal comments were appaling but he is Wayne Rooney - he scored a hatrick on his man united european debut, he burst onto the scene as a 16 yr old - he seems to be the kind of bloke that can deal with pressure. I think anyone blaming the fans for not giving him a fair shot are scraping the barrel - the simple fact is that if he started to get results the fanbase would not give a shit who he was, but he didnt. If he was a good enough manager the results would have come.

yes i wasn’t blaming the fans, we’ve all seen what was panning out with our own eyes

my point was, like many have said, the vitriol of the first home game for a new manager was on a scale i’d never seen before

Rooney was not welcomed with open arms, so had to hit the ground running and just couldn’t … for me, the persona didn’t strike any chords … shame, but we move on from it