22:25, Tue 2 Jan
Meadey
Blaming Rooney for Aiwu’s constant ability to lose his player … riiight … not about systems or managers but basic defending… he ain’t got it

This is true and for most goals we concede you can see Aiwu is well behind the play, lost his man and always chasing back.
22:28, Tue 2 Jan
Meadey
Blaming Rooney for Aiwu’s constant ability to lose his player … riiight … not about systems or managers but basic defending… he ain’t got it

This is true and for most goals we concede you can see Aiwu is well behind the play, list his man and always chasing back.

He also seems a bit suspect in the air - not a flaw you can get away with easily in the rough and tumble of the Championship
22:30, Tue 2 Jan
We will see … same as you can’t teach strikers to always be in the right place … same goes for defenders… you’ve either got it and make it look easy like KC or end up out of position and throwing yourself into last ditch challenges like RJ
22:31, Tue 2 Jan
So does Sanderson tbf.

Both of them seem to play the same role so they don’t work together, they both need a steady presence like Long next to them.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:33, Tue 2 Jan
Super Hans
So does Sanderson tbf.

Both of them seem to play the same role so they don’t work together, they both need a steady presence like Long next to them.

Good point
22:46, Tue 2 Jan
Having seen how Longelo and Sanderson have regressed under Rooney, I'd like to see how Aiwu does under a new manager first.

I think there is a decent defender there, just needs a manager to set up the defence better.
22:51, Tue 2 Jan
SteveB69
Meadey

This is true and for most goals we concede you can see Aiwu is well behind the play, lost his man and always chasing back.

He deffo ain't no defender. JE was reluctant to use him
23:04, Tue 2 Jan
Aiwu might be a decent shout alongside Belik as a holding midfielder. I will very surprised if he makes an adequate centre half regardless of manager his marking and aerial abilty is poor. Given slim pickings personally Roberts and Long would be my choice.
23:12, Tue 2 Jan
albi
SteveB69
Meadey

He deffo ain't no defender. JE was reluctant to use him

Sanderson and Long were fantastic under him tbf, plenty in the division wouldn’t have got in over them.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
shd
00:50, Wed 3 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Maybe he’s got summat in his arm or elbo giving him gyp

Well it must be spreading through this body then as there are plenty of pictures showing him with a sleeve on the left sometimes and other times on the right

Some pros are really quite shallow ain’t they
02:25, Wed 3 Jan
I like Aiwu for what it’s worth.

There is a player there in my opinion.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
02:29, Wed 3 Jan
GBBlue
Aiwu might be a decent shout alongside Belik as a holding midfielder. I will very surprised if he makes an adequate centre half regardless of manager his marking and aerial abilty is poor. Given slim pickings personally Roberts and Long would be my choice.

Roberts and Long ah yeah.

Whilst we we are at it let’s revert to 4-4-2 with Juke knocking it down to Hogan. Up and at em. Works a treat in this division. Well it did in 1989.

One of them is fine for the modern game as a CB but you need a ball playing quick defender alongside.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
03:14, Wed 3 Jan
GBBlue

Whilst we we are at it let’s revert to 4-4-2 with Juke knocking it down to Hogan. Up and at em. Works a treat in this division. Well it did in 1989.

One of them is fine for the modern game as a CB but you need a ball playing quick defender alongside.

Hurting aren't you !!
06:56, Wed 3 Jan
Bluemarc81
GBBlue

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Long is our best CB and Roberts has done ok this season. Besides I thought Sanderson was a more cultured, ball playing defender who would benefit from playing out from the back. He hasn’t covered himself in glory there.
09:05, Wed 3 Jan
If were going to progress, Aiwu just ain't good enough . I know Ropberts is an old head and hoof CB but id rather see him in the side than this bloke ,Aiwu gives me palpitations . IMO send him back and try again