09:39, Wed 3 Jan
I know not a lot to read into odds but you never see a poor bookie and Steve Cooper now very short odds with quite a big gap to Mowbray - 10/11 best price Cooper Mowbray 5/1 is it happening ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:41, Wed 3 Jan
Robert Hopkins
I know not a lot to read into odds but you never see a poor bookie and Steve Cooper now very short odds with quite a big gap to Mowbray - 10/11 best price Cooper Mowbray 5/1 is it happening ?

Honestly, people shouldn’t read into it. These markets have small liquidity and the odds change quickly when someone lumps on - which isn’t always cos it’s definitely happening.
09:41, Wed 3 Jan
More likely eager punters willing it to happen with 20 or 50 quid bets here and there.

Manager markets are weird.
09:42, Wed 3 Jan
Yeah not sure the odds are a great indicator, lots of noise about Cooper and thus people will be lumping on.
09:42, Wed 3 Jan
Robert Hopkins
When he’s 1/10 it’s pretty much done. Not at the current odds though
Tony Fantastico
09:43, Wed 3 Jan
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins

Honestly, people shouldn’t read into it. These markets have small liquidity and the odds change quickly when someone lumps on - which isn’t always cos it’s definitely happening.

Out of interest Dan, who do you want it to be?
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
09:43, Wed 3 Jan
Bluemarc81
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins

I don’t know. I don’t have any firm preferences
09:45, Wed 3 Jan
El Mayor
Bluemarc81
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins

I don’t know. I don’t have any firm preferences

As long as they aren’t Warnock! I think I would completely shut off if that ever happened. Luckily it’s extremely unlikely
As soon as I put a fiver on Mowbray yesterday the odds shot from 16 to 8-1. I wouldn't read anything into it yet, Cook probably doesn't even know who they want yet let alone the bookies.
09:47, Wed 3 Jan
Cooper was 8/13 last night, so if anything he is drifting, as has been said, I wouldnt pay it too much attention.
09:51, Wed 3 Jan
He was 1/5 yesterday afternoon. As you say, drifting. As others have said, means little either way.
09:52, Wed 3 Jan
Yeah it's meaningless really, unless they are 1/20 or something then take no notice, if the bookies know someone has agreed to take the job they wont let you get a return of 100%+

Blues wont even know who the next manager is going to be yet
Happy Clapper
09:55, Wed 3 Jan
Le Mod
Yeah it's meaningless really, unless they are 1/20 or something then take no notice, if the bookies know someone has agreed to take the job they wont let you get a return of 100%+

Blues wont even know who the next manager is going to be yet

This was my point yesterday when all the people desperate for likes on twitter were saying "it's done, it's Cooper, announcement today or tomorrow"

If we'd made a decision and were due to unveil someone they'd have said at the time of the sacking statement- see the Eustace statement for the precedent.

I'm not convinced they've finally decided at all, I don't think we'll have a manager before the weekend.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:03, Wed 3 Jan
I'm not convinced they've finally decided at all, I don't think we'll have a manager before the weekend.

Yeah I think Wagner pulled the plug and we have nobody lined up. Would be surprised if any appointment is made before Hull, more likely the middle of next week at a guess
Happy Clapper
10:12, Wed 3 Jan
Bookies change the odds based on the money on each candidate, they do not base the odds on who they think is most likely to get the job.