10:17, Wed 3 Jan
Le Mod
I'm not convinced they've finally decided at all, I don't think we'll have a manager before the weekend.

Yeah I think Wagner pulled the plug and we have nobody lined up. Would be surprised if any appointment is made before Hull, more likely the middle of next week at a guess
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t already a shortlist. Surprised and disappointed. Talks take time though. Relaxing time for us now. Fill our cups with optimism
Tony Fantastico
10:18, Wed 3 Jan
We now have a chance to properly interview and go through a process to find someone appropriate.
10:19, Wed 3 Jan
Le Mod
I'm not convinced they've finally decided at all, I don't think we'll have a manager before the weekend.

Yeah I think Wagner pulled the plug and we have nobody lined up. Would be surprised if any appointment is made before Hull, more likely the middle of next week at a guess

Given the stories last week about Cooper, I reckon they've at least spoke to him and made an offer. Whether he's accepted or not, who knows. Would be less likely the more time that passes
He’s saying it was a total shock to him. I genuinely think he was set to stay had the crowd not turned at Leeds. They panicked. So no one lined up per se in my view.
10:21, Wed 3 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Le Mod

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t already a shortlist. Surprised and disappointed. Talks take time though. Relaxing time for us now. Fill our cups with optimism

There will definitely be a shortlist and we will definitely have sounded out people before the sacking

But I don't think we had an agreement with anyone before the sacking, so I cant see anything happening imminently, I think this was more of a reactive sacking than the pre-meditated one with Eustace

This might look stupid by tonight, I hope so
Happy Clapper
10:23, Wed 3 Jan
Le Mod
Rab C Nesbitt
Le Mod

There will definitely be a shortlist and we will definitely have sounded out people before the sacking

But I don't think we had an agreement with anyone before the sacking, so I cant see anything happening imminently, I think this was more of a reactive sacking than the pre-meditated one with Eustace

This might look stupid by tonight
, I hope so

I don't think it will, the people who got excited on twitter will have all came from the same source and it's done the rounds. The same people now backtracking today.

Again, hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I do agree that they'll have sounded people out but if they had anyone firmly lined up they'd have said during the sacking statement.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:23, Wed 3 Jan
FWIW If it wasn't Wagner pulling the plug and it was decided by Cook then i'd imagine a replacement has been lined up.

[www.theguardian.com]

"Cook, it emerges, was looking at "contingencies" even at a point when the billionaires bankrolling the club were frequently making public statements about Hughes being part of their long-term vision.

Before the season started we went about our business plan for the year meticulously. We did our scenario planning, mapping out the season, the results we were seeking, and in those plans we looked at the options open to us if we were in a position when we needed to look for a new manager before Christmas," Cook revealed.

"Even at that point we looked at the managers who could be available in a World Cup year, and those who might definitely be available. We had no intention of replacing Mark Hughes, but surely as a business we are entitled to examine all the options?"

I don't think Swansea will be the first home game for a newly appointed manager but ironically it'll be the Boro game.
10:24, Wed 3 Jan
I think the best you might get is a new boss in the crowd at Hull but not in charge. Otherwise next week. Can't leave it too long, we are absolutely dogshit under caretakers.
10:27, Wed 3 Jan
That’s a good point have we ever had a decent caretaker

Crosby the worst I’m assuming

I think mills was the caretaker post TF who else we had.
KES
10:28, Wed 3 Jan
4-0 vs Bradford under Mills and Barron I remember.

Tresor Luntala was magnificent.
10:31, Wed 3 Jan
KES
Mills and Barron had it for a few months didn't they, mixed bag of results, I remember a few thumping wins and a few shockers, one at Grimsby springs to mind
Happy Clapper
10:31, Wed 3 Jan
Eric Black
Lee Carsley
10:33, Wed 3 Jan
Kevan Broadhurst
Mick Mills
Eric Black
Lee Carsley
Steve Spooner
10:33, Wed 3 Jan
Was it Spooner & Gardner? Still shite.
10:38, Wed 3 Jan
Was it Spooner & Gardner? Still shite.

Yep. 4 games, no wins, 1 draw, 3 losses then Aitor Karanka (the miserable wanka) came in to save us…