09:03, Fri 5 Jan
Didn't see it - at work on afters.
On the way home I still had TS on the radio (had been listening for Blues chat earlier on the way in) and the pair of berks on there (Cundy? was one) were going utterly mental...'worse decision in the history of the prem' type hyperbole. They had Evertonians on giving forth on their conspiracy theory about how since their 'unjust' points deduction, the league is after them (sound familiar?).

Looking at that picture alone it does look dangerous, but it just shows how stills and slo mo can distort an event. Once you go to ground to win a ball, it is pretty much physically impossible not to show the bottom of your boot at least for a couple of seconds.
Up the feckin Blues
09:12, Fri 5 Jan
Rasputin
Linked Image

Straight legged sliding tackle, went over the ball, and made studs up contact with the other player.

However minimal the final contact was, he made contact via an out of control tackle, so clear red card.

Those are not the red card criteria though...

The three levels for direct free kick fouls are: (Law 12)

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed

Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned

Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
09:18, Fri 5 Jan
So, I'm assuming the ref went for number 3 🤷‍♂️. If the ref thinks it was excessive force endangering some bleeder, well there you go. Another ref wouldn't. The thing is with VAR, it was never meant to replace a refs interpretation of the rules, just intervene in a clear and obvious error. It's still humans doing it, applying their own interpretations of the rules.
Up the feckin Blues
We all know The VAR is utter tat.
GPWM 👍
Up the feckin Blues
09:29, Fri 5 Jan
Law 12:

Serious foul play
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

You don't have to actually break someones leg for it to be a red card.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:35, Fri 5 Jan
They will absolutely kill the game with this type of reasoning.

He's not "out of control". Minimal contact does not automatically make it a foul. The drive to try and make these type of decisions black and white, using slow mo and stills which make everything look worse, is what drives the vast majority of players, managers and fans mad.
09:35, Fri 5 Jan
I think a lot of you on here should start watching netball football is too rough
...crown green bowls more like 😤