15:21, Fri 5 Jan
Different style or players, but also younger more mailable players, this is a much more difficult challenge to achieve that but I definitely feel he’s the right man for the job and expect he’ll be more pragmatic to begin with
Glad you have provided these stats, unsure why but there seems to be a suggestion that Mowbray would be the best option to come in and 'keep us up' for the season only.

He might not be much of a glamorous name but he is a cracking manager in his own right and his teams have always played good stuff, we would be lucky to have him right now.
21:21, Fri 5 Jan
Up the Mowbury
I'm delighted. I want it announced.

Most enthused I've felt about a managerial appointment since Hughton.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
22:01, Fri 5 Jan
He will be our best manager post Hughton, arguably managing our best squad post Hughton. That's worth getting excited about for me.

He took an unfancied Blackburn side who lacked investment to the edge of the playoffs and played very enjoyable football in the main.

Since then he has taken a newly promoted Sunderland side made up of kids and got them to the playoffs where they were narrowly beaten by Luton despite having a a massive injury crisis at the time, all while supposedly dealing with interference in the team by Speakman.

At Blues he should have a good structure in place around him, investment in the academy and first team coaching and infrastructure, as well as money to invest in the squad.

I think we're a great shout for the playoffs next season.
22:04, Fri 5 Jan
Comanche
He will be our best manager post Hughton, arguably managing our best squad post Hughton. That's worth getting excited about for me.

He took an unfancied Blackburn side who lacked investment to the edge of the playoffs and played very enjoyable football in the main.

Since then he has taken a newly promoted Sunderland side made up of kids and got them to the playoffs where they were narrowly beaten by Luton despite having a a massive injury crisis at the time, all while supposedly dealing with interference in the team by Speakman.

At Blues he should have a good structure in place around him, investment in the academy and first team coaching plus infrastructure, as well as money to invest in the squad.

I think we're a great shout for the playoffs next season.

Fully agree with all of this, excellent well reasoned post
23:58, Fri 5 Jan
Just watched 20 minutes of a Sunderland podcast following his sacking.

Only watched the first three people interviewed. They all said football was good but to attacking with no plan B.

Like all clubs they have there idiots one guy said he thought it was right to replace him and said they needed a younger guy with fresh ideas.

When asked who he thought should replace him he said Neil Warnock who is about 15 years older.

He got them to the play offs last year and 7th this year won 8 drew 3 lost 8. Not to shabby with a young side. They seem to think they are better than they are. He did a great job.

Seems he thought the side was too young, probably explains why they attacked better than defended, and disagreed with the hierarchy.

Thought he did an even better job at Blackburn myself in difficult circumstances got them organised and always won enough games to be comfortable at least.