20:19, Sat 6 Jan
Ooooh, what an impressive comeback.

Pffft.

Irony.
20:22, Sat 6 Jan
Yeah I get that and I agree. Me personally, I’m glad he’s gone but pointless for me to keep going on and repeating what’s already been said about him. If others want to do that then whatever. I’m more interested in if we get Mowbray and looking forward to see what he can do.
20:58, Sat 6 Jan
Rasputin
No, it shows that WCW is an atrocious manager, as his win record at all of his clubs shows.

Eric Bishoff is not that bad.
21:46, Sat 6 Jan
Not a manager -at least not at present, BUT one of the finest forwards to have played in the Premiership and for England. His record is so very very good as a player.

Please let's stop constantly offering rather puerile assessments of the man.

It's not been a good time for the club owners, management and players and supporters. Look in the mirror everyone, learn from mistakes and move forwards.
00:17, Sun 7 Jan
A lad that has trained with the first team said he was a right moody fecker.
00:19, Sun 7 Jan
Can’t imagine why.
07:41, Sun 7 Jan
Maybe our Wayne would have benefited by being assistant manager to someone like a Mowbray or a Warnock (not classing the two together) to learn your trade first - an older wiser head.

Christ I still think Wazza could have come on for us for the last 10 mins. Isn’t he the same age as Juke?
09:01, Sun 7 Jan
I think if WR was given a few players in Jan that he wanted things would’ve turned around. Players that could’ve fitted into his style. He must have been told players would be coming in during Jan and next summer surely?
But we will never know. Time to get behind new manager, just hope the players do !
This lot we’ve got will have to adapt to a new management style from what it was under JE. Hope they can
09:15, Sun 7 Jan
More and more coming out about WR to be fair. Sounds like he was a car crash and also a bit of an arse to boot.
09:15, Sun 7 Jan
There’s an article in the guardian referring to a comment by Koop that coaching doesn’t matter any more….its all about data.

The writer argues that the game has become too skewed in favour of data and that the human, emotional element has been somewhat sidelined. Date doesn’t take account of the tendency to panic or make less than clear headed decisions when under pressure, particularly when ahead in a game and the opposition fights back.

Made me think of how, over many years and through several managers we do that. I always think 2-0 is a very dangerous score line for us. If the opponents get one back we go to pieces.

I think Mowbray is the man to provide equilibrium between the two. If it’s him, this will be an inspired appointment. The more I think about it the more convinced I am.
09:26, Sun 7 Jan
Hope you are right IF it’s Mowbray.
Whoever comes in needs 4 to 5 new players imo, ( and keep Stansfield ) because god we need them. Then complete overhaul in the summer. Only then can we look forward.
Are fans going to be happy with round pegs in round holes so to speak just to keep us up ?
( I absolutely would ) because I think with the players we’ve got that’s all they are capable of.
10:03, Sun 7 Jan
I think Mowbray could get this lot playing much better stuff. Apart from up front, which is a big ‘apart’, we can have a very decent team from the players we have, provided a few at least can stay on the pitch.
11:16, Sun 7 Jan
It's going to be fascinating to see assuming it is Mowbray, how as an experienced manager (in contrast to WR), he manages change to his preferred way of playing. Clearly as Steve Spooner proved once again, we aren't terrible, we can be competitive, and hard to beat, playing in a more conservative way. Will TM continue that approach to consolidate league position initially or some other approach?