11:48, Thu 11 Jan
It is if it’s 75k a season gamble

Same to Laird. He’s seldom fit either
11:59, Thu 11 Jan
As an aside -- did anyone look at the training pics from when Mowbray was there to see if Tyler Roberts was there ?
12:02, Thu 11 Jan
Does that include agents fees, signing on fees, VAT? Let's say that all adds up to £400k

Much better for us taht it's £100k per year over 4 years than £400k now?

Multiply that by 3/4/5/6 transfers. All adds up.
12:02, Thu 11 Jan
STD
STD
Are you ok, would you like to talk about something?
Footballers get long contracts to spread costs

We'll save talking about your daddy issues for another day
12:21, Thu 11 Jan
Nikola Zigic
My Blue Heaven
A way of splitting his fee over the course of his contract? Quite smart.

If he can get fit, and it’s a big if, he’s clearly got a decent pedigree

He only cost £250k though, how desperate are we to split that over four years?

We’ll be paying him more than that every year in wages so I don’t see how spreading his transfer fee over 4 years whilst paying him hundreds of thousands of pounds annually if he can’t get fit really squares up…

It seems like a pretty big gamble to me.
12:26, Thu 11 Jan
Could have said the same about Belik last year when money was even tighter. It worked out OK in the end.

We're not yet in a position to sign genuine quality without there being an element of risk to them.

Hopefully, we can get him sorted out this year and then we've got a good player for the next 3 years.
12:30, Thu 11 Jan
You might as well leave Roberts and Laird on the scrap heap, awful resistance to injuries and a complete waste of money.
13:13, Thu 11 Jan
Bielik was completely different, he had horrendous luck to get two ACL injures in an 18 month period.

Both Laird and Roberts have consistently been plagued by muscle injures prior us signing them.