09:07, Thu 11 Jan
Any idea what/who he will start with? Any surprises? Thoughts.
09:14, Thu 11 Jan
ladies and gentlemen we will be playing four four fcking two
09:30, Thu 11 Jan
bluechip

"Yes boss" 😀
09:34, Thu 11 Jan
Novakdjokovic
Any idea what/who he will start with? Any surprises? Thoughts.

Something like

Ruddy

Drameh Sanderson Long Buchanan

Bielik JJ/
Sunjic

Bacuna/ Miyoshi Dembele
Stansfield

Stansfield/
Juke/
Hogan

I expect he will have looked at what has worked previously for the team and see who he thinks looks good in training, then pick based on that.
09:43, Thu 11 Jan
Not sure but i reckon the players will at least have a plan and know their roles, and look organised, as opposed to the madness of the last 3 months.
10:01, Thu 11 Jan
Historically he has been fan of 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1. The players are familiar with 4-2-3-1 so I wou;ld go with this. The back 4 virtually picks it self but there are decisions to be made in central midfield and wide right IMO.
10:05, Thu 11 Jan
4231 is my prediction

Ruddy

Drameh
Sanderson
Long
Buchanan

James
Bielik

Bacuna
Miyoshi
Dembele

Stansfield
Happy Clapper
10:10, Thu 11 Jan
Le Mod
4231 is my prediction

Ruddy

Drameh
Sanderson
Long
Buchanan

James
Bielik

Bacuna
Miyoshi
Dembele

Stansfield

Would be pleased enough with that.
10:13, Thu 11 Jan
I think Sunjic will play not James.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
At Sunderland he played 4-2-3-1 that we were playing under JE, just a more attacking version. The striker was often a false number 9 (he had no strikers for a long time) which meant the front 4 were very fluid in their movement. One of the 2 midfielders would break forward at all times. The 2 most important players in his system were the 2 wide players (Clarke, Roberts/Diallo) I suspect Dembele, Bacuna and Myoshi will have loads more freedom and be vital to us. I think it will be pretty standard on Saturday - Bielik & James as the 2, then Dembele, Bacuna wide with Myoshi behind Stansfield.
10:20, Thu 11 Jan
bluechip

Let’s hope he starts with JE’s 4-2-3-1 and slowly evolves from there
10:24, Thu 11 Jan
He likes a 4-2-3-1 with inverted wingers my guess:

GK Ruddy

RB Drameh
CB Sanderson
CB Long
LB Buchanan

CM Beilik
CM Sunjic

RM Myoshi
AM Stansfield
LM Dembele

CF Juke
10:24, Thu 11 Jan
Free flowing football frenzy

Hogan to be subbed off on 75 minutes after a perfect hat trick
10:26, Thu 11 Jan
WAKE UP! You dozed off again...
10:34, Thu 11 Jan
Iain_Gavin
bluechip

Let’s hope he starts with JE’s 4-2-3-1 and slowly evolves from there

I think he'll probably play 4-2-3-1 because that's a commonly used formation in football and frequently used by Mowbray, rather than "JE's" 4-2-3-1.

I expect us to go out there and try to win the game but with more defensive responsibility than Rooney had. He spoke about the mentality of taking the game to your opponent and trying to win each game in his interview, and I expect that's what we'll try to do. I'd imagine he'll instill this mentality before pushing harder for us to pass out the back and through the lines.

In terms of lineup, I'd go:

Ruddy

Drameh
Sanderson
Long
Buchanan

Bielik
Sunjic

Dembele
James (if staying and can play)/Miyoshi
Stansfield

Juke

Wouldn't mind if he put Stansfield up top but he seems to prefer playing a little further back and I think he's more effective there, and I wouldn't know who to play on the left if not him.