10:42, Thu 11 Jan
Any idea what/who he will start with? Any surprises? Thoughts.

Not bothered really - i trust his judgment and i also trust him to change it for the next game if he gets it wrong.

What i WOULD like to see is an emphasis on the players feeling confident enough to be adventurous, different patterns, different runs, players making themselves more available to receive the ball.

What i fear is that with "becoming more adventurous" also comes more individual mistakes - just hope the fans realise this, can see that they come in areas where it doesn't affect us, and look at the overall picture rather than those individual mistakes
10:54, Thu 11 Jan
bluefrank
Le Mod
4231 is my prediction

Ruddy

Drameh
Sanderson
Long
Buchanan

James
Bielik

Bacuna
Miyoshi
Dembele

Stansfield

Would be pleased enough with that.

It would make us play with the ball on the deck with that from 4
11:01, Thu 11 Jan
You’ve got to bear in mind that a new manager means a blank slate for the players. If someone trains very well this week and does exactly what Mowbray asks, they’ll get in the team even if we’ve seen them repeatedly let us down in the past.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hogan or Juke or Gardner in the starting 11. There’s a reason why new managers tend to include them initially so I can see the same thing happening again.
11:04, Thu 11 Jan
Miyoshi in the 10 role behind Stansfield is all I ask for tomorrow
11:16, Thu 11 Jan

For me, in this league and the physicality of this league, the no 10 role behind a striker/strikers is the ONLY place he will be effective - and i do love him there
11:24, Thu 11 Jan
Rags

For me, in this league and the physicality of this league, the no 10 role behind a striker/strikers is the ONLY place he will be effective - and i do love him there

there's plenty of diminutive players like miyoshi who play wide in this league

hell, dembele isn't much bigger

miyoshi can play wide as long as he's allowed to drift in and let drameh overlap imo, similar to what we were doing at the start of the season with laird and bacuna
11:29, Thu 11 Jan
He's not very quick though, that's the issue with him being out wide
11:35, Thu 11 Jan
Le Mod
4231 is my prediction

Ruddy

Drameh
Sanderson
Long
Buchanan

James
Bielik

Bacuna
Miyoshi
Dembele

Stansfield

Our best 11 and formation at the moment in my opinion.
11:35, Thu 11 Jan
Bagel
Rags

miyoshi can play wide as long as he's allowed to drift in and let drameh overlap imo, similar to what we were doing at the start of the season with laird and bacuna

Dembele and Miyoshi are similar in stature but completely different football players, Dembele is an explosive out and out winger, whereas Miyoshi is more of a technician. He's not had any joy that I can remember when playing wide, his best position is 10.
11:37, Thu 11 Jan
Rags

Nothing to do with height alone ... his pace (not explosive) and physicality see him getting bullied out of things when playing wide.
11:38, Thu 11 Jan
Yeah he's struggled out wide, I'm not sure he has the running power. His best games have been centrally in those tight areas where he doesn't necessarily have to go past people, just plays on the half turn
Happy Clapper
12:25, Thu 11 Jan
bluechip
ladies and gentlemen we will be playing four four fcking two
Cheers,MB. Will we be bringing in Benson and Hedges.?
12:28, Thu 11 Jan
As others have said I think TM will go back to the 4231 that was working relatively well early season and build from there.

I think you need Sunjic if you play Bielik.

I expect to see:

Ruddy

Drameh Sanderson Long Buchanan

Bielik Sunjic

Bacuna Miyoshi Dembele

Stansfield
12:37, Thu 11 Jan
Le Mod
Yeah he's struggled out wide, I'm not sure he has the running power. His best games have been centrally in those tight areas where he doesn't necessarily have to go past people, just plays on the half turn

Yep, he's played a few wonderful through balls to people in that role, laid on a couple of goals for Stansfield. Has to play there.
13:02, Thu 11 Jan
La Fine Della Strada
Bagel
Rags

Dembele and Miyoshi are similar in stature but completely different football players, Dembele is an explosive out and out winger, whereas Miyoshi is more of a technician. He's not had any joy that I can remember when playing wide, his best position is 10.

I don't necessarily disagree that his best position is number 10, but I don't think when we've set up with him out wide we've used him properly

You can play out 'wide' and still essentially play like a number 10 (and in fact we've used Bacuna and James in similar roles)

Think if Laird was fit you could play Miyoshi off the right and he'd be very good, personally, as he could move inside and have options either side of him when he collected on the half turn