13:32, Thu 11 Jan
Dugarry21
*not having a pop*

Where did you see he's on 50k? Be surprised anyone in the Champ would want to pay more than 10-15k a week for him. I'd still strongly bet that Newcastle would cover a vast proportion of his wage. (Not sure if a loan fee would be required)

However, Plymouth Twitter is a buzz with him being down there already to sign so might be a much to do about nothing anyway.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Norwich were paying him 20k a week last season, according to the above.

I'd expect we would pay less than this but it's still just under half a million for a injury prone loan with not much prospect of a future transfer (he's got another two years left). Seems a bit of a waste.
Gazball?
13:35, Thu 11 Jan
Surely just paper talk, we don’t need another injury prone player.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:37, Thu 11 Jan
Rags
*not having a pop*

Where did you see he's on 50k? Be surprised anyone in the Champ would want to pay more than 10-15k a week for him. I'd still strongly bet that Newcastle would cover a vast proportion of his wage. (Not sure if a loan fee would be required)

However, Plymouth Twitter is a buzz with him being down there already to sign so might be a much to do about nothing anyway.

We ain't even looking to pay 10-15k a week for players are we ?

No idea, just guesstimate work but if Norwich paid 20k last season I don't think 10-15k mark is too far off.

Whether that's Blues or not who knows but no idea on what we have to play with as it stands
13:38, Thu 11 Jan
Always liked him when he played in that Brice Newcastle team, not seen him play for a few years. Unless he's regressed massively he's better than Sunjic and a decent alternative to Bielik too, good on the ball and athletic. As others have suggested it could be agent bollocks, we'll see
Happy Clapper
13:52, Thu 11 Jan
Yep. He’s a decent player. If he’s not expensive we could do a lot worse
Tam
13:54, Thu 11 Jan
I hope we're not going to get shafted.
Make Blues Great Again
14:09, Thu 11 Jan
Tam
He had a really bad knee injury in 2021 and hasn't been the same since (despite surgery). He's like a poor mans Sunjic with more injury problems.

Given our current squads injury background, it'd be a no for me.
14:09, Thu 11 Jan
He’s a far better footballer than Sunjic
Anyone that pushes Gardner further down the list is a yes from me
14:28, Thu 11 Jan
He probably was, but is he now?
Maybe Tyler Roberts was a better forward than Hogan or Juke, but is he now? will we ever find out?

We can't have an entire squad of players which other teams have let go because of long term injury issues