05:37, Sun 14 Jan
Daz Hale made the comment that he's off after the the interview, not Wilf
08:20, Sun 14 Jan
SteveB69
Hagley Blue
He can receive the ball better and move it far quicker and effectively than both Bielik and Sunjic.

He’s also better than Miyoshi in the number 10 role.

I suspect though, having heard Mowbray’s interview with Richard Wilford on WM, that he’s on his way.

And it did look like he was saying his goodbyes to the crowd after the game when the players walked off

Which Mowbray downplayed when asked if it was a fairwell

Think its as simple as he goes if they meet Blues price for him, not sure they will tbh
08:40, Sun 14 Jan
You need you better players in the starting lineup and JJ is definitely one of our better players. For talent and consistency you could argue the best.
If we need to sell him then fair enough. If not he needs to start
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
09:13, Sun 14 Jan
He’s being sold?
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
10:21, Sun 14 Jan
You need you better players in the starting lineup and JJ is definitely one of our better players. For talent and consistency you could argue the best.
If we need to sell him then fair enough. If not he needs to start

His defensive skills are weak
14:03, Sun 14 Jan
Zublue
Why was James not playing from the start today??
Is he about to leave?

Its totally up to the new manager to view everyone and play who he sees fit.

JJ is currently our best player and we need to do everything we can to keep him. Goal scoring midfielders are invaluable.

Once TM gets to know the squad JJ will get plenty of game time.
14:09, Sun 14 Jan
Aye that’s his problem in this setup. He’s not a cdm, so he can’t really play either Bielik or sunjics role. Perhaps he could play central attacking mid in the 10 role though.
11:33, Mon 15 Jan
QBBC2
Why was James not playing from the start today??
Is he about to leave?

Mowbray was asked directly about it on WM and basically said he wants to keep him but if the money’s right and it means we can bring 3 or 4 better players into the squad then that’s what will happen. The interviewer took that as, “he’s off then”.

What will be will be and any of our opinions mean nothing but he really is an excellent prospect who is currently performing week in and week out for us.

Our last goal scoring midfielder I think would have been Craig Gardner, if we want to start making our way up the division then we will need goals to come across the pitch.
We can't reply on Hogan for goals so taking other goals out the squad would be a massive loss.
11:50, Mon 15 Jan
I thought the goal the other day was very Craig Gardner actually.

James was pretty poor up until he scored it too, also very Craig Gardner.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
13:15, Mon 15 Jan
He can do a bit of everything. Of course his best position is an 8 but he can play deeper or further forward.

I think gradually, he'll be coming into the team in place of Sunjic/ Bielik (most likely Sunjic) or TM may rotate the three.
13:27, Mon 15 Jan
He’s decent going forward, and probably our best midfielder in terms of passing the ball forward, but I don’t think he’s that good defensively which is where he struggles if he’s playing cdm.
15:08, Mon 15 Jan
Charcy
I thought the goal the other day was very Craig Gardner actually.

James was pretty poor up until he scored it too, also very Craig Gardner.
Gardner v West Ham. Went in almost the exact same spot
Tony Fantastico