KC
19:08, Wed 17 Jan
New spine. Goalkeeper, hard man centre back (perhaps a second ball player), ball playing midfielder, striker or two and wrap what we've got left after the clear out around them.
22:49, Wed 17 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Nobody else is going to offer Sunjic the contract he's on now, it's mental.

If he's offered similar money here to elsewhere he may well be happy to stay.

I wouldn't be sure about that. Even the lower end teams in La Liga and Ligue 1 pay very well. If Colin, Bela, Sanchez can make it there, so can Sunjic.
22:51, Wed 17 Jan
yeehaw
BlueSteve
NouCamp
the out of contract lot can all go.....thanks and all the best finding new clubs

the only exception would be Sunjic who has stood out with his performances this season (is it overly cynical to think thats in part because hes playing for a new deal) probably...regardless he deserves to be offered some sort of deal if he keeps it up
Lots of us want Sunjic to stay but does he want to stay? He probably would on his existing terms but I think we could get much better if we are going to stretch to those kind of wages.

I don't think he's even on that much. It's under 20 p/w I believe.

Yes, his basic wage is well under 20k pw.

However, his basic wage isn't all he gets paid... the bonuses are the issue.
23:00, Wed 17 Jan
About £32k per week isn’t it with everything added in, needs to be under half that before I’d even consider it, and even then I don’t think he’s going to suit us going forward
Happy Clapper
KC
01:23, Thu 18 Jan
New spine. Goalkeeper, hard man centre back (perhaps a second ball player), ball playing midfielder, striker or two and wrap what we've got left after the clear out around them.
01:48, Thu 18 Jan
How does his bonuses work?
02:40, Thu 18 Jan
Wow, that changes things. I'd hope our top earners were capped around 20k including any bonus potential.
05:53, Thu 18 Jan
That was the period of madness under Dong. I don't think Sunjic would take what he should be offered here, given we need to get away from the silly contracts. As you say, he'll get decent offers from Ligue 1 and the like.
08:20, Thu 18 Jan
I like Sunjic, but am not that bothered about keeping him if it frees up necessary wages. It's pretty nerve-wracking that won't have any goalkeepers or strikers, and the latter I think are harder to find at this level than players in Sunjic's mould.
08:33, Thu 18 Jan
Mister Mutley
How does his bonuses work?

They significantly raise his salary.

I’m disinclined to say much more as his contract is current and it’s considered private / personal.
08:38, Thu 18 Jan
Apart from JJ - who is under contract - we need NONE of the players who have been here for 3 or 4 years stinking the place out.

Long might get another year, sign Drameh if possible, other than that, say goodbye and get fresh faces in.
09:47, Thu 18 Jan
The times I've seen Sunjic this season he's done well. I think someone will get a decent player at this level if he does go.
09:56, Thu 18 Jan
Sunjic has been okay this season and is useful enough if a team is set up to concede possession, he has lot's of energy (sometimes misused) and can never be faulted for his effort.

However the way I try and look at it is his talent relative to the wage he's earning, the two are in different stratospheres. Added to that our ambitions are to become a possession based side which unfortunately is not his game.

I'd thank him and move him along in the summer.

We can and will get much better for much cheaper.
09:59, Thu 18 Jan
I think the challenge we will have is bringing in 15 players, it’s rarely works. For the right money I’d look at keeping Sunjic but it would have to be cheap

It’s going to be a massive summer but I’m mindful that an entire new squad is a risk as much as keeping them together is

Wouldn’t want to be in charge of recruitment
10:01, Thu 18 Jan
At this level you have to take a punt on potential, similar to how we signed Che Adams for 2mil and Sam Cosgrove for just over 2mil, one paid off the other didn't. Just have to hope we can bring in someone who's young and has potential, and they progress under Mowbray. There's players out there. We was close to signing Brandon Thomas-Asante before the baggies got him for 345k.