10:25, Thu 18 Jan
I think from looking at the reaction online, some of their fans booed the protestors but in general, due to the media reaction/ attention they have now wished they’d supported them

I think it’s a good thing, not too keen on reading for many reasons but I think fans standing up for their club is spot on
10:27, Thu 18 Jan
El Mayor
RomfordBlue
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
RomfordBlue
This is perhaps a controversial opinion, but I still think getting the game abandoned was totally out of order.

I understand the club are in a perilous position, but it feels like the beginning of a slippery slope if we normalise getting games called off for fan protests.

Also, if Port Vale would like to give me the £87k they've raised so far for that statue, I reckon I could knock something together with paper mache and some tinsel.

Did you do anything to help rid BSHL from us ? All the other stuff they have done hasn't changed the ownership and it seems to be getting worse, what else could they do ? If you don't show your feeling the Govt, FA and owners will just say well the fans don't seem bothered.

The fans want Dai to sell the club.

Pitch invasions, game cancellations, and risking further points deductions do not make that outcome any more likely.

I disagree. I think he’s being put under more and more pressure to do a deal.

Isn't most of the pressure coming from the EFL though? The demand for guarantees and points deductions and fines for non-compliance.

It was legal issues and problems with the EFL rather than fan protests that got rid of Mr King.
We had had a series of protests dating back to Carson's arrest, but over 12 years the only effect it had was the club employed more security staff.
It was only his legal troubles andt he EFl started to issue charges that made a deal happen.
10:29, Thu 18 Jan
Petebaldwin
Yeah exactly. All these owners want to go under the radar as the situation at Reading was largely doing. If anything is "out of order", it's the fact that Reading fans (who let's be honest, aren't exactly known to be the rowdiest of fans) felt they were left with no other option than breaking the law and getting a game abandoned to bring some attention onto their situation.

It's clearly worked because we're talking about it and it's been all over the press. A protest outside of the ground, a bunch of banners, some witty chants and anything else like that will only ever attract the attention of local journalists.

It's got attention. That's not the same thing as working.
Stop The War marches get plenty of attention.
10:50, Thu 18 Jan
The longer the protests go on, the more points deductions / fines happen the less the club becomes worth and more likely to go into admin. Its not just about the exposure itself, its business decision. He hasn't got or can't put more money in - Players won't sign for them, suppliers won't supply them - that just equals admin and he loses everything.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
11:14, Thu 18 Jan
I'm not sure the club is worth anything anyway. A soon to be League Two club that loses money and has a ground with Championship costs is not that attractive.

If Yonge is prepared to repeatedly sign contracts and set budgets he has no intention of honouring, which has been the case for a few years, it's unlikely the fan protets will move him.

I have no idea what the answer is. The EFL have already tried to ban him from football for a year. That wouldn't necessarily drive him out - it just means he'd have to appoint a deputy to run things. It didn't help that the Independent Disciplinary Commission refused the application.

Maybe an Independent Football Regulator will have the power to seize control of a club if it is run persistently in breach of the rules. I think that would be a costly and lengthy process though, with all sorts of problems. Especially as omeone then has to run the club until it is sold to new owners. It also wouldn't stop bad owners who obey the rules from driving clubs down and out of the league (Oldham, Southend, Scunthorpe etc)