I have similar shoulder issues. My doctorโ€™s suggestion? Rest and eat more nuts. He gave the same advice to my wife who has MS and arthritis. I had to complain to get physio and steroid injections were never offered. As for going to the job centre, it depends who you get. A few staff are helpful but the majority are not. A benefits advocacy service would be more reliably helpful I think but that may fall under Citizens Advice in your area.

All the best anyway and remember - NEVER vote Tory.
14:35, Thu 18 Jan
๐Ÿ‘
Tony Fantastico
14:37, Thu 18 Jan
I'm a welfare rights advisor so I can go through things with you and point me in the right direction
You can phone me on Tuesday 0771643351 if you want
In the meantime I suggest you put in a claim for new style Employment Support Allowance. You can make a claim by phoning 08000556688 or by googling ESA claim

Your phone number is one digit short. Great offer from you just want to make sure you're contactable ๐Ÿ˜Š
14:41, Thu 18 Jan
Tremendous spot ๐Ÿ‘
Tony Fantastico
14:41, Thu 18 Jan
My number is 07716433551
14:46, Thu 18 Jan
SHA at its finest - someone has a problem and its sorted, in a couple of hours.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
14:48, Thu 18 Jan
Top man.
14:49, Thu 18 Jan
deadhead blue
My number is 07716433551
๐Ÿ‘
Massive credit putting it in. Might it be worth zoning it and having it removed off the main board though?
Unless youโ€™re absolutely fine with anyone seeing it.
Anyway, again, well done for reaching out ๐Ÿ‘
Tony Fantastico
15:16, Thu 18 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Salford Blue
Rab C Nesbitt
foghorn leghorn
All the best
Absolutely this.
Sorry I canโ€™t help with advice. But I hope you get help you need.
If you are on yer arse. Please PM me. Iโ€™ll help if I can.

You are one top bloke Si.
Iโ€™ve been called worse. Going to have to have a pint with you soon mate x

Yes I will get down soon ๐Ÿ‘
Rab C Nesbitt is the best poster on SHA bar none.
15:17, Thu 18 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
deadhead blue
My number is 07716433551
๐Ÿ‘
Massive credit putting it in. Might it be worth zoning it and having it removed off the main board though?
Unless youโ€™re absolutely fine with anyone seeing it.
Anyway, again, well done for reaching out ๐Ÿ‘
Zoning it?
PMing I meant
Tony Fantastico
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
SHA at its finest - someone has a problem and its sorted, in a couple of hours.

I couldn't agree more and I've told someone personally. Deadhead blue that is a fantastic offer and I may well be on the phone to you next week if I can't get any joy.
Liam daish and his trumpet
Don't know if anyone can help here but I know there is a font of knowledge on here and the phone line to citizens advice is permanent engaged.

After 30 years of self employment and 40 years in total plastering and decorating, my shoulder is shot. It's been getting gradually worse and for the last year or so I have been having steroid injections in it plus numerous private physio sessions.

But it looks like the time has come for a rotor cuff operation and maybe a bit of my top rib removed?!
I have been told 3-4 months off work then gradual back to work.

I can't really afford that amount of time of work without pay and my private insurance only covers me for injuries caused by accidents not wear and tear.
Looking on the Internet it seems I can claim for something called ESA but I will only get around 80 quid a week even if I have paid full stamp, which I have.

I have never had to claim anything in 30 years self employed and I'm wondering if this info is correct or there is anything else I can try and get? 80 notes ain't going to get me far.

Still got mortgage, council tax, bills ect to pay and my wife only works P/T. Kids have left home.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck with the op and hope it is succesful, had mine on my left shoulder in August, took 2.5 years to finally have it. Hopefully your not at the beginning of the journey of being sorted by the NHS, took 2.5 years to get my op after first seeing my consultant and going down the MRI, steroid and the water high pressure injections (name escapes me) etc first. Before finally having the op. But my time period included the Covid era which slowed everything down, so it should be quicker for you now hopefully.

Got to go through it all again I imagine, as it has now moved into my right shoulder before Xmas, so got 2 simultaneous frozen shoulders now, as being diabetic, I had no guarantees of that part of the op working with it, although the small rotor cuff tear was repaired succesfully during the op.

I haven't personally done it for the first one, but I may now that I have 2, but think the Disability Living Allowance (PIP) may also cover this type of injury, so maybe worth looking into that as well as any other claim you may be entitled to, if it is going to be a while before op and the recovery time needed
18:21, Thu 18 Jan
You are a true gent someone I'd like to have a few pints with
19:23, Thu 18 Jan
๐Ÿ‘
Lots of good people on here mate
Tony Fantastico