Probs my doesn’t mean anything but people that I know, who knew him, have confirmed JG contributed

He’s a v*lla tosspot like the rest of them but he’s got a decent heart.

His made stupid mistakes but as said on the Deeney thread, I think by you, who hasn’t

He’s done lots for charities and individuals.

Don’t want to fawn over a v*let but he seems a pretty decent person
My Blue Heaven
Probs my doesn’t mean anything but people that I know, who knew him, have confirmed JG contributed

His made stupid mistakes but as said on the Deeney thread, I think by you, who hasn’t

Yeah, if that is the case (plus all the other things he's done) then he does seem a really decent sort at heart.
I know lots of decent sorts though, who give when they can't afford to - seriously not knocking the lad - but his 5 grand would mean less to him than a skint blokes fiver, that he'll gladly give to the worse off. Enough of the Saint Jack for me. If he did contribute to Mitchells' funeral though, that is quite exceptional and worthy of mention.
Up the feckin Blues
11:03, Fri 19 Jan
My Blue Heaven

Criticise / praise the actions, not the person.
11:08, Fri 19 Jan
Indeed
11:14, Fri 19 Jan
My Blue Heaven

Criticise / praise the actions, not the person.

No need for it. Leave him to the Villa fans.
12:44, Fri 19 Jan
Spoken to somebody who is close to the family who says they've not heard anything about him paying for it. Just for balance.
13:16, Fri 19 Jan
all this love in for the DvB is vomit inducing.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:19, Fri 19 Jan
Reckon I would trade in my intelligence to be an exceptional footballer with a decent heart.

Admittedly my intelligence isn't exceptional.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
13:22, Fri 19 Jan
Bluesince62
My Blue Heaven

Yeah, if that is the case (plus all the other things he's done) then he does seem a really decent sort at heart.
I know lots of decent sorts though, who give when they can't afford to - seriously not knocking the lad - but his 5 grand would mean less to him than a skint blokes fiver, that he'll gladly give to the worse off. Enough of the Saint Jack for me. If he did contribute to Mitchells' funeral though, that is quite exceptional and worthy of mention.

That's a Jesus parable, remember it from assembly.

I don't think he publicised the 5k and agreed it's a drop in the ocean to his riches but it's also a difficult line as you would definitely open yourself up to lots of people asking for money.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Tam
14:01, Fri 19 Jan
Charcy
Bluesince62
My Blue Heaven

That's a Jesus parable, remember it from assembly.

I don't think he publicised the 5k and agreed it's a drop in the ocean to his riches but it's also a difficult line as you would definitely open yourself up to lots of people asking for money.

Yes, much easier to just not bother, really. Credit to him for that. I don't really give a toss about which football team someone plays for or supports. If they do something decent, that's good enough for me.
Make Blues Great Again
15:25, Fri 19 Jan
Shaun of Brum
As the title states I have read today (albeit on Twitter) that Jack Grealish paid for the funeral of Paul Mitchel.

Is this true as far as anyone on here is aware?

Great gesture if true.

He does seem like a good guy doesn't he?

If Grealish had paid my funeral I'd like to think I'd do some sort of second coming, bollock my family and change my will.
17:11, Fri 19 Jan
Grow up mate