17:11, Fri 19 Jan
Amy T
Peakyblue
If it were me and we are all glad it's not, Drameh has played well enough to stay ahead of Laird (good though he is when fit) and keep his place until form on the pitch, and in training, says otherwise. Competition for places, no favourites.

While I think it’d be a shame for Drameh to be dropped on current form, Laird is a cheat code at RB/RWB. He’s got the same defensive stability as Drameh but he’s beyond rapid going forward to boot, see the Leeds game winner for the perfect example. It’s unfortunate for Drameh but if Laird is fit he has to play for me

I was about to say the same thing, while there is definitely an argument to say Drameh has done well so should retain his place, Laird has that extra desire and energy to get forward and I think Mowbray is going to favour him for that reason. I like both of them though.
17:15, Fri 19 Jan
Laird is top quality but he has issues staying fit. Buying Drameh will enable us to better manage his workload. I'm not sure Laird can manage 2 games per week. Having such a good back up for Laird means we will not worry when Laird is unavailable. I would also get Drameh involved at CB in the under 21 games so we have as many options as possible.
17:26, Fri 19 Jan
Finchy
Outside the top 4 of the prem or championship? Buchanan isn't that small and he's great in the air, I would keep him at left back though as we have nobody else.

Championship
17:27, Fri 19 Jan
Unless we sign a new first team left back i just cant see Buchanan being shifted over.
Sam'The Man'Cosgrove
Unless we sign a new first team left back i just cant see Buchanan being shifted over.

Best left back in the league. Why do people want him to switch position?
17:33, Fri 19 Jan
See I understand this point of view - always play your best players - and I'm not trying to say it's wrong. Just that "good" includes being quick, talented defensively and in attack, for more than cameos until injury, however unfortunate, strikes. Then there's "values" which Tony is big on, thankfully. If you work hard, do well, shouldn't you keep your place? What message does it send to the squad. And if we do want to sign Drameh permanently surely "work hard, play well, keep your place" is more convincing than "#2 but you'll likely get games coz #1 is better than you but fragile"?
17:50, Fri 19 Jan
Because football is a cutthroat results based business that isn’t built for sentiment.

As solid as Drameh is, Laird takes our team to another level, when fit he is up there with the best right backs in the division.

This season has shown how important real good squad depth is and Drameh would be a brilliant squad player if we can nab him permanently. Having someone as dependable as him means we should be managing Laird’s workload sensibly and giving Drameh plenty of minutes still, but when all is said and done he’s not as good as him.