09:21, Wed 24 Jan
And here
Tony Fantastico
09:29, Wed 24 Jan
Octopus are very good
09:31, Wed 24 Jan
Scottish power, shite.

If you use a cubic meter over your usual monthly, they automatically assume that's your new usage pattern for the next 12 months and whack your DD up by about 100 quid.
But as soon as it goes warm and you use wayyy less than your DD, they aren't as quick to do the same thing in reverse.
So they keep your DD high to build credit on the account and hold your money (crafty).

I remember a time where sometimes you'd be a bit in debit in winter and in credit in summer. Never the extremes of both. Now it seems unless there's £300 quid on the account they get twitchy.

I've noticed we're in a pattern of 'price increases in winter' and 'cheap energy in summer'.

Now I get it, supply and demand. But when the government trot out lines about 'saving', it pisses me off because a large part of that is the fact you don't need the fkin heating on in June. So it might be cheaper - wonderful - but come November they'll probably sting us again.
09:44, Wed 24 Jan
I've been with a few over the last few years and would say anyone but EDF.

We finally left them last month but the amount of things they got wrong on a monthly basis was absolutely staggering.... Our bill in the winter is around £170 a month - they wouldn't accept us paying by DD unless we agreed to pay over £300. Their "monthly" bills range from covering a 3 month period to 10 days depending on when they decide to send it out. Sometimes they'll send one that covers 1st January - 23rd January. Then they'll follow it up with one that covers 7th January - 18th January and another one (on the same day) that covers 15th December - 31st January. When you call them, they can't tell you how much you owe and say they'll post a new bill that will either not show up or will cover a completely different time period. Every month, it's a new an inventive mistake.

They've got some major problems with their billing system!
11:02, Wed 24 Jan
I've been with a few over the last few years and would say anyone but EDF.

We finally left them last month but the amount of things they got wrong on a monthly basis was absolutely staggering.... Our bill in the winter is around £170 a month - they wouldn't accept us paying by DD unless we agreed to pay over £300. Their "monthly" bills range from covering a 3 month period to 10 days depending on when they decide to send it out. Sometimes they'll send one that covers 1st January - 23rd January. Then they'll follow it up with one that covers 7th January - 18th January and another one (on the same day) that covers 15th December - 31st January. When you call them, they can't tell you how much you owe and say they'll post a new bill that will either not show up or will cover a completely different time period. Every month, it's a new an inventive mistake.

They've got some major problems with their billing system!

My mother hss exactly the same issue. She actually has her latest bill which is for a 48 hour period. But her previous one was for about 4 months. and the one before that for 18 days etc. It's almost deliberately confusing.
12:04, Wed 24 Jan
roger hynd
Octopus.....
No complaints whatsoever tbf

Octopus has been a which? recommended supplier for the last three years. They must be good.
12:18, Wed 24 Jan
ben sotv
Been with ovo almost 2 years. DD set at £238 a month which is way over what we use. Just asked for £1000 refund it’s taken them almost a month to give me my money back. It’s my 3rd refund off them in that period. Not all for £1k. But when I’ve pushed them to drop my DD they have been very difficult. I think my refunds have been. £500 £700 £1000 so shows how crap they’re at working out bills. And this is with me giving a reading on the 18th of every month. My DD is almost double what I actually use.
My deal ends in April.

On the radio yesterday it said gas and electric expected to fall by 16% from March April. So perhaps hold fire if you can.

Why wait until March /April ?
Genuine question.
I'm looking to change from EDF right now. I don't have to give any notice.
If for example Octopus offer better rates etc why not change now ? Is it because they won't then reduce my tarriff to their new improved rates in Mar/ April ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
12:19, Wed 24 Jan
We've uncovered three energy providers worthy of being named Which? Recommended Providers. They are:

Octopus Energy
Ecotricity
E (Gas & Electricity)
12:20, Wed 24 Jan
Yeah by April when the changes are announced they might not be cheaper. Octopus are good though. Message me for a referral code. £50 quid each. Useful when Artist is out and about
Tony Fantastico
12:46, Wed 24 Jan
Try Corona. I am looking for renewal for my office/factory and they come highly recommended. Prices are massively less than my current and truspilot gives them some good feed back
12:55, Wed 24 Jan
PM me if you wish buddy. I can help with renewal.
Corona are just a commercial supplier they don’t supply domestic.