20:39, Wed 24 Jan
That sounds so nice. I hope they enjoy Amsterdam. I would just tell them to find a nice coffee shop and have a nice coffee and a nice cake.
21:10, Wed 24 Jan
Went a couple of times about 2004 ish. Once with my girlfriend, and once on a stag.

Coffee shops - have some chocolate cake instead. “Apparently” it’s much better
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
21:18, Wed 24 Jan
The Red Light District is great, all the fools and riff raff go there so the rest of the city is just full of nice people.
21:25, Wed 24 Jan
De Pijp and Jordaan are lovely parts of the city.

9 streets in Jordaan are cool, nice little cafes and bakeries. Not drug cafes, real ones.

If you want to see the Red Light District then head to De Wallen for a walk around but don't stay, it's a shit hole.

Go to Vondelpark, it's beautiful.

Hire bikes.

It's worth a boat cruise in the evening, especially when you pass through the seven bridges.

There's a cool sky bar with a swing over the city at a bar by central station- A'Dam lookout bar.

If they're a bit alternative and far cooler than me it's worth getting the free ferry from behind central station and going over to the NDSM district. Hipster bars, good food. It's their new version of Digbeth basically.

I don't know much about coffee shops for a smoke, you can't miss them. Last time I visited one I just called into a random one in Rembrantplein, as said just avoid the Bulldogs.

Enjoy, it's a fantastic city. I'm going for the first time as a tourist in April myself after 25 odd visits!
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
JCL
21:38, Wed 24 Jan
Everything in moderation, even moderation.
23:06, Wed 24 Jan
JCL
I’ve done a cricket tour and a football tour of Amsterdam. We got spanked both times.

The results were pretty even though
00:44, Thu 25 Jan
The real weird thing now in Amsterdam is when you're in a coffee shop, they run around shouting at tourists for having tobacco out. Despite being able to smoke weed, you're not allowed to mix it with tobacco because smoking tobacco indoors is illegal.... Everyone still does it but you have to do it on the sly.
07:58, Thu 25 Jan
You can buy a citypass that gets you into loads of the museums and art galleries, which was well worth it when I went as it saved loads of money on the individual entry prices ( and I ended up going to some random stuff that I wasn't intending to as well!)

Red light area is actually worth it just to see the canals and lovely old buildings.

Stay away from the tourist areas on a friday/saturday night, as it's full of drunk/stone idiots.
The cold never bothered me anyway
08:51, Thu 25 Jan
Radavis
I’ve done a cricket tour and a football tour of Amsterdam. We got spanked both times.

Yes but how did you get on with the cricket and the football.
Nikola Zigic
Hire bikes.
That's a bit derogatory.
18:38, Thu 25 Jan
Llanon_joe
I like the username!

"Was gonna kick it in the goal hole, but you know.... No dice!"

Captain Corrigan is flying without a licence

Don't worry, I've got this whole wing side on lockdown.
20:22, Thu 25 Jan
Mushrooms, sex shows, peep shows, bit of herbal, burger from Febo vending machines then enjoy the rest of the dam
10:01, Fri 26 Jan
Coleshill-Blue
Another shout for Rookies coffeechop. Like someone said, avoid the Bulldog franchise altogether, they're tourist traps.
Other decent places are, The Plug, Terps Army, Grey Area, 1Ehulp, Smokeys, Prix D'ami, Goa coffeeshop and Mike Tysons Tyson 2.0

Speaking like a man of experience there, Some of my favourites. Haven't tried Tyson yet though.

Family first and Easy times are also decent.