15:04, Thu 25 Jan
Continuing the travel theme I've just had an email saying I've got tickets to England's game in Cologne vs Slovenia.

Not the type to sink 15 beers and chant Engerland all day so interested in exploring the local region (driving over) whilst I'm there.

Has anyone ever been to Cologne/Leverkusen/Monchengladbach/Dusseldorf region of Germany, and any recommendations gladly welcomed.
..there was a thread a week or so ago, if that helps [www.smallheathalliance.com]
15:36, Thu 25 Jan
Can you bastards all stop going on holiday?
15:49, Thu 25 Jan
I’m going to that one too, driving over too and hopefully staying out for some more of it depending on a few things!

Cologne is nice, there is actually surprisingly nice countryside around Solingen, which is a smallish distance away and where I used to work a fair bit, and before you know it you are away from the industrial bit and sat by a river with a cold beer next to half timbered houses. There’s a castle there too, I recall they did a cracking Sunday lunch!
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
..there was a thread a week or so ago, if that helps [www.smallheathalliance.com]

Ta!
15:57, Thu 25 Jan
bluepeter
I’m going to that one too, driving over too and hopefully staying out for some more of it depending on a few things!

Cologne is nice, there is actually surprisingly nice countryside around Solingen, which is a smallish distance away and where I used to work a fair bit, and before you know it you are away from the industrial bit and sat by a river with a cold beer next to half timbered houses. There’s a castle there too, I recall they did a cracking Sunday lunch!

That was my reason for posting, all seemed very industrial which can have its charm but limited in how much you want to see of it.
16:07, Thu 25 Jan
Dugarry21
bluepeter

That was my reason for posting, all seemed very industrial which can have its charm but limited in how much you want to see of it.

Munster is nice, famous for its beer. I’m told Aachen is also worth visiting, haven’t been there myself but plan to get there if I can squeeze it in!

The best Blues flag I saw at an England game was at the Germany 2006 World Cup in Nuremberg, draped on the city walls - Joys 1, Sorrows 2!

Edit - Munster might be too far, but the river by Solingen is the Wupper and it was lovely down there.
16:16, Thu 25 Jan
You can go to Aachen and/or Maastricht on the way/way back.

Aachen isn't massive, but it's a very historic town.
Well worth a visit.
16:33, Thu 25 Jan
Sheep2
You can go to Aachen and/or Maastricht on the way/way back.

Aachen isn't massive, but it's a very historic town.
Well worth a visit.

Had pencilled it in already, looks a lovely town and I like my history so keen to explore as it was a key battleground in WW2.
18:25, Thu 25 Jan
Congrats! Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to get any tickets for either of the first 2 group games, R16 or QF games I applied for!
07:24, Fri 26 Jan
R16 or QF tickets aren’t on sale yet and won’t go to ballot until we qualify for the actual games. Are you in the England travel club ? Or are you talking about a general sale.