09:43, Sun 28 Jan
Never have we had a player so effective when we haven’t got the ball but so ineffective when we have it. Yesterday was ridiculous. Seemed to enjoy winning it back that much, that in the second half he immediately gave it them back after winning it, to win it back again. And repeat.
A genuine Captain Chaos.
Tony Fantastico
09:46, Sun 28 Jan
First half he was outstanding, second half like you say, seemed to be terrified of the ball 😂
09:55, Sun 28 Jan
The quick free kick he took that he passed to their fella 10 yards away made my eyes bleed. I genuinely fear he’ll make Mowbray explode
Tony Fantastico
10:11, Sun 28 Jan
This’ll always be the Sunjic dilemma. How do you create a role that plays to his strengths and almost entirely hides his weaknesses?

If you can do it, and completely stop him using the ball for anything other than the occasional drive forward and 2 yard pass, you’ve got one of the most effective ball winners in the league.

Personally I’d offer him reduced terms, but I’m not sure it’s worth the effort for Uncle Tone and Co.
10:13, Sun 28 Jan
You can’t hide his weaknesses in the game Mowbray wants to play, Mod has said it all along tbf.

I’d wave him goodbye in the summer, we need better.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:14, Sun 28 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
The quick free kick he took that he passed to their fella 10 yards away made my eyes bleed. I genuinely fear he’ll make Mowbray explode

Mowbray was losing his mind with with him on the side quite a few times, he has terrific energy and he works his nuts off, but he’ll want far more quality. It’s the way it is, where the club wants to go will demand rounded high quality footballers all over the pitch.
Happy Clapper
10:18, Sun 28 Jan
It would make sense that he was poor in the second half. He's always going to be more effective when the rest of the team Is playing well. It's never going to work sunjic doing what he does best winning the ball back, just to then pass it to the 'footballers'. What really happend yesterday is we killed ourselves by not being clinical enough in the first half. All the movement and attacking in numbers was spot on but Keshi, Dembélé and Stanfield just couldn't find the net. Oh well let's take the first half performance and build on that in the league. Play offs here we come 😎
10:26, Sun 28 Jan
Super Hans
You can’t hide his weaknesses in the game Mowbray wants to play, Mod has said it all along tbf.

Sadly this, great ratter, but we need all that and a ratter who can then set play going for us, or at the very least reliably give it to someone that can. This club is moving forwards on and off the pitch and it's inevitable that a lot of the current squad won't be with us for long.
Up the feckin Blues
10:41, Sun 28 Jan
Super Hans

This. All day long. For us to improve, he’s got to go.
10:45, Sun 28 Jan
Shows the lack of ambition from some fans when I keep hearing 'give Sunjic another year'.

Running around like a headless chicken really does buy you a lot of capital with our fan base.

The bloke is awful on the ball, always has been and always will be. There's no way Mowbray would want him back next season.
11:38, Sun 28 Jan
He shines in shit teams that get dominated. We've been that for a lot of this season so he's won a lot of doubters over. Even me tbf, I would've said at the beginning of this season that I'd be happy to not see him in a blues shirt ever again, but he's one of the few who comes out of the season so far with credit.

All that said, we don't wanna be a team that lets the other team have the ball. Get rid.
11:43, Sun 28 Jan
I like Sunjic but yeah, if the plan is to hold on to the ball rather than letting the other team have it and countering quickly, he’s not the right player for us.
13:16, Sun 28 Jan
Most sane blues have said it not just mod, we'll never move forward with Sunjic starting, it's scary how many think it's worth offering him a contract on reduced terms, I wouldn't keep him for 5k a week.
On second thoughts they haven't actually, most on Twitter seem to think it's worth renewing 'on reduced terms' which is mental imo.

I've been banging the drum for ages now, let them all go who are out of contract, the only one I'd consider keeping around is Long.
13:29, Sun 28 Jan
I think under Eustace it would have made sense to offer Sunjic another year or two on reduced terms. He was doing a good job in the system Eustace was using.

Under Mowbray I don't see a future for him, midfielders have to be better on the ball.

We are also looking at having more money to spend now, after the stadium naming deal. It should make it easier to get the calibre of player Mowbray wants.