13:34, Sun 28 Jan
He won’t be here next season unless he takes a massive pay cut and is happy to be a bench player at best.
14:54, Sun 28 Jan
My mate calls him Richie from Bottom, I imagine this is how he would play too
16:36, Mon 29 Jan
Tough one. I love the guy and I want him to succeed badly. I was absolutely buzzing when we signed him, and I thought we were moving on to bigger things.

He's certainly showed more of his worth this season, and I think he will continue to improve under TM. But if I take off my rose-tinted specs and look at the data, his stats say he is simply dogshit.

Was he better when he arrived than he is today? Have we "ruined" him? Does he have potential to become more than just a ratter? My heart says yes, but if I was Director of Football, would I keep him? Probably not.
16:44, Mon 29 Jan
Tbf he’s probably a candidate for most overrated given people keep saying we ruined him.

We didn’t ruin anything, he’s never been this excellent passer people seem to think he was for a few games at the start.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:53, Mon 29 Jan
He was never a great passer and people who say otherwise are living on cloud nine. But he was more assured early on, which led to him making better decisions with the ball at his feet.

His stats dipped after his first 15 games and never recovered until this season. Does that constitute us ruining him? Not sure. He could have gone to Barcelona and deteriorated in the same fashion. We'll never know for sure.
16:59, Mon 29 Jan
At the same time, we'll need someone to actually win us the ball in midfield to keep hold of it
16:59, Mon 29 Jan
If anyone is interested in his passing stats:

This season: [fbref.com]
His first season: [fbref.com]

Other seasons can be found under the "Match Logs" tab.
17:05, Mon 29 Jan
We didn’t ruin anything, he’s never been this excellent passer people seem to think he was for a few games at the start.

Agreed, and lots Croatian football writers said this when he joined, that he had energy but was technically poor, we got exactly what he was, it was just bad recruitment, which is not surprising when it was led by a car salesman
Happy Clapper
17:07, Mon 29 Jan
Le Mod

Agreed, and lots Croatian football writers said this when he joined, that he had energy but was technically poor, we got exactly what he was, it was just bad recruitment, which is not surprising when it was led by a car salesman

Yeah, always liked him, sort of felt for him as in my own playing days I got over-sold a bit compared to my talent just because I could run around a lot - we're looking at bigger and better now.
Up the feckin Blues
06:52, Tue 30 Jan
yeehaw
Tough one. I love the guy and I want him to succeed badly. I was absolutely buzzing when we signed him, and I thought we were moving on to bigger things.

He's certainly showed more of his worth this season, and I think he will continue to improve under TM. But if I take off my rose-tinted specs and look at the data, his stats say he is simply dogshit.

Was he better when he arrived than he is today? Have we "ruined" him? Does he have potential to become more than just a ratter? My heart says yes, but if I was Director of Football, would I keep him? Probably not.

" But if I take off my rose-tinted specs and look at the data, his stats say he is SIMPLY DOGSHIT "

To quote a phrase " Classy "

Get off his back.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
07:34, Tue 30 Jan
Did I touch a nerve mate? Perhaps leave the casual racism at home if you can’t take being called out.
07:38, Tue 30 Jan
Calling another human being " Simply dogshit " ain't the best look.

You are the paragon of virtue ...... sometimes.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
07:52, Tue 30 Jan
Not to be pedantic but I said it was his stats that said he was simply dogshit… right after a paragraph gushing about how much I love the bloke.

I didn’t like a joke you made about Koreans eating dogs. I also didn’t call you out by name either. It is what it is. Can we move on now please?
07:58, Tue 30 Jan
How come no one told me it was Sunjic bashing week? I feel ill prepared.
07:59, Tue 30 Jan
You not liking the joke doesn't then automatically deem it as 'casual racism'.

On a similar topic of stats. As much as I'm quite excited about the Korean lad signing for us, his stats are a bit dog poo!