11:02, Thu 1 Feb
I'm pretty relaxed about it now. The owners seem to know what they are doing financially and Mowbray has a good handle on what he needs for the squad. If an offer comes in and it's decided that it's a good deal for Blues, I'm fine with it. We've got enough cover in his position already and I'd rather give game time to players who are going to be here next season.
11:06, Thu 1 Feb
If it meant we was able to bring in a striker then ok but only if the offer for James was acceptable we have plenty of midfielders to cope if James left
11:11, Thu 1 Feb
Its deadline day and we don’t need the money, anything less then 15 million imo is a joke.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:13, Thu 1 Feb
Is James an automatic starter now?
11:25, Thu 1 Feb
albi
Tarquin
Unless we use a chunk of the cash this window, preferably on a smoking hot centre forward, keep him until the summer.

Who do you have in mind?

Stansfield permanent
11:30, Thu 1 Feb
That's what I'm getting at mate, I agree. If we are going to sell JJ then let's just do it and make sure we get a good deal for him. I don't see the point in trying to have him back on loan when we have already reinforced in his position.
I really like JJ and I think it would be nice for him and us to be a big part of the 'project'. But, it's football at the end of the day and what will be will be.
11:34, Thu 1 Feb
It's an unfortunate consequence of FFP - people have to get used to the idea that youngsters and youth academies now exist to make a profit rather than to provide players for the first team.
11:45, Thu 1 Feb
Petebaldwin
It's an unfortunate consequence of FFP - people have to get used to the idea that youngsters and youth academies now exist to make a profit rather than to provide players for the first team.

They’ve always existed for that reason tbf
12:03, Thu 1 Feb
Yeah at our level but there are plenty of examples of players who have come through academies and have played for teams for years and years. I don't think you'll have another Gerrard or Beckham situation for example whilst FFP is here - they'd cash in and buy 3 players instead.
12:13, Thu 1 Feb
Super Hans
Its deadline day and we don’t need the money, anything less then 15 million imo is a joke.

£12m and a very good sell on I'd accept as fair. I reckoned 7 5 - 10 a few weeks back, but other transfers and a deadline day premiumknock the price up imo
12:24, Thu 1 Feb
Probably something like the Rogers deal to villa, £8 down and another £8 in add on payments
12:43, Thu 1 Feb
Petebaldwin
Yeah at our level but there are plenty of examples of players who have come through academies and have played for teams for years and years. I don't think you'll have another Gerrard or Beckham situation for example whilst FFP is here - they'd cash in and buy 3 players instead.

Yes, previously youth players were the cheap option to improve the team and those who didn't make the cut would hopefully be sold to make some profit (or like Bellingham were just too good to retain)