12:41, Thu 8 Feb
Rasputin
Made in Daegu
So not long at all but still, this is a perfect example of why VAR is ruining the game.

Nope.

It is a perfect example of VAR doing the job it is supposed to do.

People on here, most likely including you, would be raging if that incident had gone against Blues.

I’d be annoyed, yes, but I’d rather the mistake be made than have bloody VAR!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
13:05, Thu 8 Feb
Made in Daegu
I’d rather the mistake be made than have bloody VAR!

I'm pretty certain the majority of football fans were clamoring for technology to be used in order to help refs make less mistakes.

That happened in this situation. it is a good thing.
The cold never bothered me anyway
14:55, Thu 8 Feb
They let the game flow whilst checking, I think that's pretty good. I know you don't want it at all but getting incensed about this one case makes you look daft as it's actually things done very well.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
15:06, Thu 8 Feb
Rasputin
Made in Daegu
I’d rather the mistake be made than have bloody VAR!

I'm pretty certain the majority of football fans were clamoring for technology to be used in order to help refs make less mistakes.

That happened in this situation. it is a good thing.

Football fans like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can’t trust football fans.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:13, Thu 8 Feb
February 2011.
Lee Bowyer is given offside by the ref.
Would you want VAR to overturn it, give Blues the penalty and send off the keeper, or would you prefer the game to play out as it actually did?
Not sure there's a "correct" answer, but I loved the way it actually happened.
15:17, Thu 8 Feb
You don't know that we went on to score so obviously sending off and penalty.

In this instance a team went from not getting a penalty to conceding a goal in the play that followed. Pretty sure I wouldn't choose that.
15:24, Thu 8 Feb
Acceptance is key though. I can accepted shit on field decisions from officials and players as part of the game. The ref on Saturday should have given Kipre 2 yellows. He didn’t. We ended up losing rather than playing 40 minutes against 10 men. But none of our players got every decision right either so it wasn’t all down to the bastard ref
Tony Fantastico
15:47, Thu 8 Feb
Charcy
They let the game flow whilst checking, I think that's pretty good. I know you don't want it at all but getting incensed about this one case makes you look daft as it's actually things done very well.

Yes, the incident made VAR look good…at the same time, it showed why VAR is ruining the game. How can you be accepting of the play being rewound, a goal chalked off and a penalty being retrospectively awarded?!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
15:54, Thu 8 Feb
Because it was the right decision

Yes, the incident made VAR look good…at the same time, it showed why VAR is ruining the game.

This doesn’t make any sense. It’s bad because it worked?
16:03, Thu 8 Feb
Made in Daegu
Yes, the incident made VAR look good…at the same time, it showed why VAR is ruining the game.

So because the right decision was made, it shows why VAR is bad?

Linked Image
The cold never bothered me anyway
16:04, Thu 8 Feb
Made in Daegu
Charcy

Yes, the incident made VAR look good…at the same time, it showed why VAR is ruining the game. How can you be accepting of the play being rewound, a goal chalked off and a penalty being retrospectively awarded?!

A team scoring a goal when the opposition should have had a penalty in the lead up to the goal ruins the game more as far as I'm concerned.

To be clear it's a penalty decision so it gets checked. It was not rewound. They should have just stopped the play and not let it flow to appease you a bit.
16:44, Thu 8 Feb
Rasputin
Made in Daegu

Linked Image

I don’t care if the correct decision was made- the ref didn’t give it. Move on. THAT is how football should work.

I
16:46, Thu 8 Feb
Rasputin
Made in Daegu

Linked Image

I don’t care if the correct decision was made- the ref didn’t give it. Move on. THAT is how football should work.

I

Have you considered that the ref didn’t give it because he knew he had VAR to fall back on, not that he thought it definitely wasn’t a penalty.
17:20, Thu 8 Feb
Any ref doubt that shouldn’t be in charge of a game.