Tam
08:36, Tue 13 Feb
Le Mod
I think we’d win the league and come back, it would delay us though, and completely mess up the recruitment plan, we need to stay up and we will.

I think that’s right. I also think that the owners would realise that it was primarily their feck up and they’d own the situation and put it right.It would be an absolute kick in the teeth but, as it was with Sullivan and Gold, a relegation would be more bearable because there would be a plan in place under competent and ambitious owners. That’ what disturbed me so much about relegation under the previous regime.
Make Blues Great Again
08:44, Tue 13 Feb
Tam
It's an incredibly tough division for clubs to come out of. I'm not even remotely interested in spinning any positive about it.

It's not an option
H

Consistently correct.
08:54, Tue 13 Feb
It'd be a disaster, there would be absolutely no guarantee we'd come straight back up, Leeds, Ipswich, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed all spent several seasons down there before coming back. We can't let this happen.

Win tonight and we can put any of these worries to bed.
Tam
09:03, Tue 13 Feb
Nikola Zigic
It's an incredibly tough division for clubs to come out of. I'm not even remotely interested in spinning any positive about it.

It's not an option

It’s not ‘spin’ so much as seeing a difference under Knighthead as opposed to the previous lot, and I do think that it’s a real difference, not an imaginary one. It would be pretty awful anyway, but it would be the one saving grace, as opposed to being relegated under the previous lot.

I’m pretty confident that it won’t happen anyway.
Make Blues Great Again
09:38, Tue 13 Feb
Tam
Completely agree. Teams often struggle when they go down because they are in a mess from the top down. Big(ger) teams tend to come back up when they've got their top-down structures sorted and we're already halfway there. No guarantees of course but the silver lining would be that we are as prepared as we've been for a decade to deal with it.
09:49, Tue 13 Feb
I don’t think they’d bin us off.

Garry Cook got his mate Wayne in, who had a poor and short track record.

If we did go down, it’s a combination of Cook and Rooney that are largely responsible apart from the players of course - a large section of which are out of contract this summer and so will depart anyway.

I don’t think Cook would get his marching orders.

I think we would walk L1, but it wouldn’t be preferable to go down.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
09:52, Tue 13 Feb
No way they walk away it will be a bump in the road, they have too much planned and too much already invested to just walk. But depending how much Cook was to blame and people i respect have said Rooney was 100% his appointment then he may either fall on his sword or be pushed. They will then do whatever it takes to get us out the division.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:21, Tue 13 Feb
Brad1875
It'd be a disaster, there would be absolutely no guarantee we'd come straight back up, Leeds, Ipswich, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed all spent several seasons down there before coming back. We can't let this happen.

With all the players out of contract and new owners investment we’d be fine.
Don’t think it’ll happen anyway
Tony Fantastico
13:40, Tue 13 Feb
Hank Marvin

If we did go down, it’s a combination of Cook and Rooney that are largely responsible apart from the players of course - a large section of which are out of contract this summer and so will depart anyway.

I don't think we will go down and have said so all along but it would be a large part Mowbray's fault too. He will have had half of the season and will have to have had a terrible record.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:38, Tue 13 Feb
Charcy
Hank Marvin

I don't think we will go down and have said so all along but it would be a large part Mowbray's fault too. He will have had half of the season and will have to have had a terrible record.
I was saying this today, these players have a lot to answer for, but TM would have had half a season like you say, I like Mowbray but if we had been on a run like the last few games under Eustace or Rooney people would 100% want them gone and the abuse would have been horrendous, I think TM will eventually get this lot moving in the right direction, but it needs to be sooner rather than later now, I'm not having a go about TM by the way as I say I do like him and hope it comes good for him
Rab C Nesbitt
Brad1875

With all the players out of contract and new owners investment we’d be fine.
Don’t think it’ll happen anyway

This. Under BSH it could even have meant the end of us, I seriously believe that. Knighthead give me the vibes they are here for a good while yet, no matter what.
Up the feckin Blues