sheffield blue
Bluenose27
am I right that the ref signalled for a goal kick then changed his mind to a corner, just shortly before they scored the winning goal? Looked to me like he did in the tilton, but wasn’t sure?

I remember that, but the corner was taken from the left corner, the goal was scored from the right corner, I think that was a previous corner that he seemed to give a goal kick then changed his mind.
The corner from the Kop side, he half-pointed for a goal kick and suddenly did a Hitler salute to the corner flag, to howls of derision. That corner led to one on the Main Stand side. That they took short but he made them take it again, probably cos we were well organized and he couldn't get what he wanted with that. So they got a second stab at it and in that confusion they scored.
20:39, Sat 2 Mar
He was as bad as Southampton were good
20:46, Sat 2 Mar
e17blue
He was as bad as Southampton were good

In a nutshell really.
20:55, Sat 2 Mar
Effingn poor.
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
Tom TheProject Brady
eff me this thread is pathetic.
But better than the ref performed. The foul on Bacuna he played advantage to was a clear yellow for a pull back, the move broke down and he booked Sunjic for a foul, but not their bastard.
Awful. Absolutely awful

Yeah, just another inconsistency. Like the tackle Smallbone did in Bacuna that was as bad, if not worse, than Sanderson's red card.

There's this weird thing with some people whereby it's bitter if you blame the referee.

The guy literally controls the game, he decides what's ok and what isn't. Of course you can criticise him if he makes multiple clear and obvious errors against your team.

He was one of the worst in many years today, in a game where you have to be at your best to get something I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an adequate refereeing performance.

They're paid professionals, why would you accept such a poor performance?
Yeah Smallbone’s only intention was to do Bacca. Everyone their saw it 2 seconds before he did it
Tony Fantastico
21:02, Sat 2 Mar
Yeah that’s the one. I know it wasn’t the corner we conceded of, but the one we did came from his decision to override his previous decision in favour of giving them another corner. Seemed to me at the time that he’d caved to the Southampton fans protesting a goal kick, so gave them a corner.
21:04, Sat 2 Mar
NouCamp
Having now seen both

Both were yellows, Sandersons looked more reckless and out of control and can see why he flashed the red (incorrectly)

If he'd sent Smallbone off that would have been another error
Difference is Sanderson pulled out and turned his back. Smallbone didn’t the egghead
Tony Fantastico