Anybody this season praised a referee on here, or are they always incompetent effects who cost us the game?
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
19:39, Sat 2 Mar
bluearmyfaction
Tom TheProject Brady
eff me this thread is pathetic.
So you would be happy if our game v Boro were reffed by a fan of Stoke?

mental if you seriously think it would make any difference, these are professional referees near the very top of their profession

Zero problem with it
19:50, Sat 2 Mar
NouCamp
bluearmyfaction
Tom TheProject Brady

mental if you seriously think it would make any difference, these are professional referees near the very top of their profession

Zero problem with it
So why then are there rules against it? Mike Dean never refereed Liverpool/Everton games because he's a Tranmere fan. Michael Oliver never refereed matches involving relegation/promotion scraps when Newcastle were in either mixer.

But the EFL has ignored this in this instance. Evidently it's total coincidence that the refereeing today was questionable.
20:00, Sat 2 Mar
am I right that the ref signalled for a goal kick then changed his mind to a corner, just shortly before they scored the winning goal? Looked to me like he did in the tilton, but wasn’t sure?
20:02, Sat 2 Mar
i didn't spot that, but i did see him give a massive thumbs up to the Southampton fans and ask if his performance was satisfactory - i might be making part of this up.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
20:08, Sat 2 Mar
bluearmyfaction
NouCamp
bluearmyfaction
Tom TheProject Brady

Zero problem with it
So why then are there rules against it? Mike Dean never refereed Liverpool/Everton games because he's a Tranmere fan. Michael Oliver never refereed matches involving relegation/promotion scraps when Newcastle were in either mixer.

But the EFL has ignored this in this instance. Evidently it's total coincidence that the refereeing today was questionable.

There arent anymore

Its a non issue
20:11, Sat 2 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Yes I’m sure the ref had everything to do will all of those goals.
Us being down to ten men influenced one. He’s a bastard
Tony Fantastico
20:12, Sat 2 Mar
bluearmyfaction
Rags
Mr Bell was a complete and utter END version of himself.

Their winner cane from him awarding a corner, when it clearly was not.
I'm livid

er .. it was very very clearly a corner
Came form one which wasn’t.

And he let them take it twice.
It wasn’t. Plus he missed some blatant yellows for those divs
Tony Fantastico
20:16, Sat 2 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
But better than the ref performed. The foul on Bacuna he played advantage to was a clear yellow for a pull back, the move broke down and he booked Sunjic for a foul, but not their bastard.
Awful. Absolutely awful
Tony Fantastico
Anybody this season praised a referee on here, or are they always incompetent effects who cost us the game?

Ey up, it's one of those
Rab C Nesbitt
Tom TheProject Brady
But better than the ref performed. The foul on Bacuna he played advantage to was a clear yellow for a pull back, the move broke down and he booked Sunjic for a foul, but not their bastard.
Awful. Absolutely awful

Yeah, just another inconsistency. Like the tackle Smallbone did in Bacuna that was as bad, if not worse, than Sanderson's red card.

There's this weird thing with some people whereby it's bitter if you blame the referee.

The guy literally controls the game, he decides what's ok and what isn't. Of course you can criticise him if he makes multiple clear and obvious errors against your team.

He was one of the worst in many years today, in a game where you have to be at your best to get something I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an adequate refereeing performance.

They're paid professionals, why would you accept such a poor performance?
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Barking Poslethwaite

The point is that if you don't comment on the referee then he's had a good game.

There's been plenty of times we've lost that have had nothing to do with officials.

You don't need to try and be so clever.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
20:27, Sat 2 Mar
Bluenose27
am I right that the ref signalled for a goal kick then changed his mind to a corner, just shortly before they scored the winning goal? Looked to me like he did in the tilton, but wasn’t sure?

I remember that, but the corner was taken from the left corner, the goal was scored from the right corner, I think that was a previous corner that he seemed to give a goal kick then changed his mind.
20:27, Sat 2 Mar
That ref was abysmal today even if it would of ended 3-3. We move on and get as many points as we can. But he was a Bollex of a ref..Ps I know it's not the correct spelling of the swear word. In case the Grammar police pull me..😁
20:32, Sat 2 Mar
Having now seen both

Both were yellows, Sandersons looked more reckless and out of control and can see why he flashed the red (incorrectly)

If he'd sent Smallbone off that would have been another error