09:23, Tue 19 Mar
BluenoseMo
Were you part of the contingent that sung the proper (slower) version of KRO?

Yes Mo. I'm at the back punching the air 😁
If I had the wings of a sparrow
10:34, Tue 19 Mar
Mornin'all after a 2 year ban. I was invited to a private viewing last night as well as some old school terrace legends. A few of us met Steve Knight 3 years ago to regale tales of Blues and town and the first 2 episodes reflected many of those stories. B6 are going to hate it along with those detractors of our "funky" fan base and all our characters. No other club like us.
10:46, Tue 19 Mar
Welcome back sir, was talking with Flamingo this morning about last night, sounded great.
10:48, Tue 19 Mar
BlueStorm
Welcome back sir, was talking with Flamingo this morning about last night, sounded great.

Yes mate it was truly superb.
11:08, Tue 19 Mar
Sounds great! Really looking forward to seeing this.
13:54, Tue 19 Mar
Cattellroadcorner
BluenoseMo
Were you part of the contingent that sung the proper (slower) version of KRO?

Yes Mo. I'm at the back punching the air 😁

👍
14:19, Tue 19 Mar
sopwith
Mornin'all after a 2 year ban. I was invited to a private viewing last night as well as some old school terrace legends. A few of us met Steve Knight 3 years ago to regale tales of Blues and town and the first 2 episodes reflected many of those stories. B6 are going to hate it along with those detractors of our "funky" fan base and all our characters. No other club like us.
Best KRO for years as well
Tony Fantastico
16:08, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
sopwith
Best KRO for years as well

Everybody said after that was how it should be. Maybe even a tad slower still but it was goosebumps time with the acoustics in that courtyard in the Custard Factory.
16:20, Tue 19 Mar
Yeah a little slower maybe but Atleast you sang it rather than chant it like some do now.
Tony Fantastico
09:24, Wed 20 Mar
Went to the town hall last night for the preview of the first episode and the Q&A with Steven Knight and some of the cast. Great programme and night out. Brummies, particularly of a certain vintage, are going to love it.
Was struck during the Q &A with how much genuine pride Knight has for the city. It's like listening to Wagner when you hear him speak about the talent potential our city and region has.
Anyway, great night out.
09:57, Wed 20 Mar
Yeah. It's going to be great. Steve Knight seems such a straightforward down to earth bloke. One of us tbh. The scene in the happy trooper was great.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
10:07, Wed 20 Mar
He's clearly a man with a great imagination. Couldn't help but smile when he said that Spaghetti Junction was 'beautiful'. 😀
This city really needs people with his positivity.
10:40, Wed 20 Mar
Can't say I wasn't envious when I walked by the Town Hall yesterday evening on my way home from work (having failed in the ballot).

Got to echo the positive comments re Steven Knight, his passion for the city of Birmingham is absolutely evident in pretty much all he does. Not exactly mirrored on here by some in recent times when talking about Brum but each to their own I guess. Really looking forward to watching it.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman