22:16, Tue 19 Mar
Is 6 managers (caretakers) in a season a record at this level of football?
I don’t like the smell of this.
22:19, Tue 19 Mar
Belgrade Blue
B_C_F_C
Snoop
Rab C Nesbitt
Belgrade Blue
OltonBlue
How on earth have you both got this take from that statement?

It's not a particularly difficult or incomprehensible deduction.

They don't rate Venus. Make of that what you will
Or Venus doesn’t want to work with anyone else

Probably just making the structure really clear for the players.
So they know they're in a Rowett team, not a Mowbray one.

Some people seem desperate to over read into what is happening. Seems pretty clear now we get 8 games of Rowettball, after that we have no idea.

This...

People should stop adding 2+2 to equal 5... or 7... or 8...

The club statement is quite clear.

What you are saying is, it has been about 6 months, and people already don't really trust the owners and are drawing their own conclusions based on actions.

If you look at the circus so far this season it's clear to see why

So..., to be clear, you think the club's statement is untruthful?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
22:20, Tue 19 Mar
MNafti
Brilliant interim appointment, great manager at this level.

Wish TM well but this is the situation we’re in now and we have to find a way out of it.

100% agree. We're in dire straits and we've managed to get a experienced championship manager with an almost 40% win rate and already knows the club. Can't understand why some people are disappointed with this decision after what's happened in the last 6 games.
22:22, Tue 19 Mar
Christ that statement is graceless. How many Rowett and Mowbray references until we get to Mr Wagner calling them by their Christian names.
I'm taking it completely at face value, why wouldn't you?

My only thought is whether Mowbray will want to return in the summer after a health scare at this age?

Venus going makes sense, I think it just adds confusion if he stays and has a different philosophy to Rowett. We are in panic stations.

Until we know otherwise we should simply just wish TM well and then welcome him and Val back in the summer to kick off our promotion push.

I did say that I was certain that TM would be involved in choosing the interim should we have one but was laughed out of the room for talking nonsense. Right again, I see.

Let's get behind Rowett, stay in the division, wave him off with the thanks he should have had last time and then look forward to the return of Tony Fantastico 👍
H

Consistently correct.
22:25, Tue 19 Mar
Firstly, I hope Tony Mowbray gets well soon and that the club gives him all the help they can in his recovery.

I think this appointment needed to be done.

What will be interesting is what will happen at the end of the season. We are hopeless right now but just a few weeks ago you would have looked at the last 8 games and argued that Leicester away was the only game we could not possibly win. The other away games could go either way while the home games could catch teams at the right time (Norwich already in the play offs, Cov week before semi final etc.)

If Rowett was to win 4 of the 8, not impossible, would these ruthless businessmen really let him walk away? And lets be honest, fans have short memories too. It would be Tony who?

Interesting times.
22:27, Tue 19 Mar
Bluemarc81
The odd thing I find is that Venus has been given leave off. Wonder why if he is TM right hand man?

Guess his nose was put out of joint - weird, as he admitted in one interview that the team needed a leader and motivation - if the interim cannot provide that then next man up.

Alternatively, maybe it is just an easier transition for GR to come in and do what he needs to do.

It certainly makes it cleaner but it would have been good if all members of staff dug in to get us out of this mess.

All the best gaffer, best thing for him anyway. He can properly spend the time he needs to get well without the stress of managing from his bed.
Nikola Zigic
I'm taking it completely at face value, why wouldn't you?

My only thought is whether Mowbray will want to return in the summer after a health scare at this age?

Venus going makes sense, I think it just adds confusion if he stays and has a different philosophy to Rowett. We are in panic stations.

Until we know otherwise we should simply just wish TM well and then welcome him and Val back in the summer to kick off our promotion push.

I did say that I was certain that TM would be involved in choosing the interim should we have one but was laughed out of the room for talking nonsense. Right again, I see.

Let's get behind Rowett, stay in the division, wave him off with the thanks he should have had last time and then look forward to the return of Tony Fantastico 👍

It's as simple as that for me.

People just want to find fault. It's been a difficult season ,Venus is loyal to TM and they have their own methods. Let's back Rowett now and stay up . I don't understand the hate for the bloke from some to be honest. He has done well wherever he's been and he turned it around last time.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
22:28, Tue 19 Mar
Zublue
Bluemarc81
The odd thing I find is that Venus has been given leave off. Wonder why if he is TM right hand man?

Makes sense. If you’re appointing someone new, I just don’t think it could have worked with Venus there as well. Let’s hope it works.

You'd think he could just dig in because of the unique circumstances we find ourselves in...
Some hate him so much and can't even remember why, it's like Brexit. Determined to be on the right side of history even in the face of evidence.

Still, we moved on from it and we're focused on the future.
H

Consistently correct.
Perfectly put 👍🏼
I thought the club statement was decisive, clear and very professional. Yet, the amount of drama on here and people trying to find something in nothing is pathetic. The Club have made the very best of an awful situation. I’m fully behind 30% possession Rowett ball if it means some bloody points on the board and safety. If we did nothing we were 100% relegated.
Big Tone gets a full recuperation period to come back in July all guns blazing. 👊🏼
Belgrade Blue
Typhoontechie
Probably means Rowett is bringing so.eone in, Summerfield I imagine

MV deemed surplus as a number 1 and 2

Still think it is no slight on him from the club?
No - not at all. He has been the manager for the last 6 games, and it has been decided (possibly partially by him) that a change is needed until the end of the season.
If he’s got an ounce of common sense, he will know himself that implementing some changes is unlikely to be helped by the previous manager sticking around.
The club have said it’s temporary - why can’t we just believe the statement. Wagner himself has put his name to it, and he seems an honourable guy
Problem is it contradicts the previous statement that Mowbray would be out for 8 weeks…concerned his condition is worse than thought.
22:40, Tue 19 Mar
Onel Hernandez
Bluemarc81

Guess his nose was put out of joint

The filling in of the blanks is wild.

The statement says both of them will be coming back.

We know from MV that he's been speaking with TM. Forget the football for a moment, from a human side we want Mowbray to get better and part of that is to ensure that whilst he's on sick leave that he's doing exactly that and being on sick leave focusing on recovery.

When he first went on sick leave our position was actually fairly comfortable and so his involvement probably was minimal. It's now not comfortable at all and we do not need to be adding stress to an ill man. So the club, along with with TM and MV have agreed to split for the short term but we've given a public statement of saying your roles are safe.