11:20, Thu 28 Mar
I’m with you Balders on the looking for better opportunities, he’d be mad not to, any football manager would. You’re only a bad run of results and a sacking away from becoming a bantering berk on a podcast.

On the other hand his football was horrible, and his subsequent career tells that is his modus operandi, so that can feck, and he’s a Villa bastard, who I don’t recall ever having a kind word to say about us until this week.

Plus Spike doesn’t like him, and that’s enough reason on its own.
11:25, Thu 28 Mar
Liam of Brum
One minute he's tarting himself about next he's nearly signing contracts at Fulham.

I would have thought you have had enough time to get your story straight. Sounds like Chinese whispers :)

You haven’t a scooby mate.

He flashed his knickers at Fulham. He agreed a deal with them, and forced Blues into giving him one new contract at the last second.

That pissed people off.

This is why when he pushed for a new contract again, having made contact at QPR among others, Blues were careful in what they offered him. They offered him more than he wanted… but with the proviso that Blues finish top six. Not promoted mark you, but top six. Achievable.

Rowett bottled it, said no.

What they should have done and didn’t was call his bluff - told him to quit and go somewhere else for the money. Sacking him was stupid and spoke of the ego and lack of competence of the board / owners then.

It happened dude. Your denial doesn’t make it untrue.

Imma leave it here - if you want to not believe it, that’s your call to make.
11:26, Thu 28 Mar
Sorry for winding you up this morning.

Lets all have a great long weekend.

At the end of the season I will use my creative skills in AI to produce a pic of Rowett dressed like a tart in a Fulham football club office about to sign a contract but looking for a pen.
11:27, Thu 28 Mar
Sorry for winding you up this morning.

Lets all have a great long weekend.

Megalolz.
11:37, Thu 28 Mar
Petebaldwin
I just find it funny that people pretend to be so upset about it. He had the squad over-achieving, clearly didn't have the support of our horrific owners as well as a portion of the fanbase and had other clubs in a much better situation interested in him. By all means, be naïve as hell and believe that most others managers wouldn't have done exactly what Rowett did but you'll be kidding yourselves.

👍

It's because there was a lot of mileage in mocking of fans who were understandably upset about it at the time.

A lot of "I'm too clever to worry you're all thick" kind of stuff.

Essentially, Rowett being sacked was our Brexit. This is now our second referendum.

Thankfully, Mowbray is a great trade agreement.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:41, Thu 28 Mar
Ribeye
Dave
Ribeye
Dave
Feels weirdly good seeing him in the blues gear again.

Treated like shit by this club, came back when we came to him for help. Fair play.

As well as to massage his massive ego.

Very weird. What’s the issues here
?

Do I have to remind you that it was this club that sacked him? And us fans shouting “Gary Rowett what a tosspot!”.

If I were him I’d of told us too F off bearing in mind it was us who are in dire need of help.

He has a lot to gain here but he also has a lot to lose, he doesn’t need this appointment he would have got a championship job eventually.

Over the past 10 years of utter depression his era was a bright point, get over it and get behind him, ultimately the trajectory in the coming seasons of this club is in his hands.

Are you conveniently forgetting he was flashing his knickers at other clubs whilst at blues? I am behind him but once he's kept us up he can do one

Just to check, have you never applied for another job whilst currently employed?
11:42, Thu 28 Mar
"Our brexit" - eff off 😂😂😂😂
11:42, Thu 28 Mar
Depends if my contract said I couldn't...
11:43, Thu 28 Mar
Roxit.

As a remainder for both, I'm consistently on the right side of history here.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:43, Thu 28 Mar
He’s going to start Gary Gardner on Friday. Lap that decision up.

Two vilers conspiring to send us down ?
11:44, Thu 28 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Petebaldwin
I just find it funny that people pretend to be so upset about it. He had the squad over-achieving, clearly didn't have the support of our horrific owners as well as a portion of the fanbase and had other clubs in a much better situation interested in him. By all means, be naïve as hell and believe that most others managers wouldn't have done exactly what Rowett did but you'll be kidding yourselves.

👍

It's because there was a lot of mileage in mocking of fans who were understandably upset about it at the time.

A lot of "I'm too clever to worry you're all thick" kind of stuff.

Essentially, Rowett being sacked was our Brexit. This is now our second referendum.

Thankfully, Mowbray is a great trade agreement.

That analogy is genius.
Upset “at the time”

😂
11:48, Thu 28 Mar
number8
Depends if my contract said I couldn't...

Would that not be against employment law?
11:50, Thu 28 Mar
It’s pretty standard for football to have wording that permission needs to happen prior to speaking to other clubs

Tapping up etc
11:52, Thu 28 Mar
One minute he's tarting himself about next he's nearly signing contracts at Fulham.

I would have thought you have had enough time to get your story straight. Sounds like Chinese whispers :)

Racist. Reported.

Report noted, will count towards "totting up" rather than be used as strong enough for immediate action