11:52, Thu 28 Mar
Football contracts are different.
11:53, Thu 28 Mar
I have nothing against him coming back permanently if mowbray doesn't return for whatever reason.

The man got us top 10 with a shite squad and had millwall inches from play offs with a just as shit squad.

There is some awful memory loss from his haters on here with regards to the 'horrible' football. Under him we actually picked up points away from home and the run when toral was looking like lampard was anything but horrible.

I have seen far worse times and far worse football since rowett. The tables n results never lie.
11:56, Thu 28 Mar
I have nothing against him coming back permanently if mowbray doesn't return for whatever reason.

The man got us top 10 with a shite squad and had millwall inches from play offs with a just as shit squad.

There is some awful memory loss from his haters on here with regards to the 'horrible' football. Under him we actually picked up points away from home and the run when toral was looking like lampard was anything but horrible.

I have seen far worse times and far worse football since rowett. The tables n results never lie.

"The tables n results never lie." ......... John Eustace arrives to listen in
12:15, Thu 28 Mar
Liam of Brum
Nikola Zigic
Petebaldwin
I just find it funny that people pretend to be so upset about it. He had the squad over-achieving, clearly didn't have the support of our horrific owners as well as a portion of the fanbase and had other clubs in a much better situation interested in him. By all means, be naïve as hell and believe that most others managers wouldn't have done exactly what Rowett did but you'll be kidding yourselves.

👍

It's because there was a lot of mileage in mocking of fans who were understandably upset about it at the time.

A lot of "I'm too clever to worry you're all thick" kind of stuff.

Essentially, Rowett being sacked was our Brexit. This is now our second referendum.

Thankfully, Mowbray is a great trade agreement.

That analogy is genius.

When he keeps u up there'll be a few long-standing posters on here who now realise that us tofu eating wokearowetti were right and they'll be feeling pretty embarrassed.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:59, Thu 28 Mar
Sorry but my memory of Rowetts time is sitting with my arms folded for 18months or so bored out of my brains but if he bores the pants off me in the last 8 games and keeps us up i will be forever grateful .
13:46, Thu 28 Mar
bluebone
Sorry but my memory of Rowetts time is sitting with my arms folded for 18months or so bored out of my brains but if he bores the pants off me in the last 8 games and keeps us up i will be forever grateful .

Fait enough if you was bored that we were competetive and in the top 10.

I'd hate to think how bored you have been since.
13:48, Thu 28 Mar
He's intelligent, honest and communicates really well.
13:50, Thu 28 Mar
SHA has been doing this debate for years now. What is it about a middling championship manager in a nice pullover that inspires such strong feeling amongst our fans?

Is it just me who's not especially arsed about the bloke one way or the other.

Give it a rest lads. It's beyond tedious.
13:50, Thu 28 Mar
bluebone

I don't think you really get it do you ?

I was less bored under Zola than i was under Rowett. If you are committed and are going home and away (as i was back then) regardless of whether we are in Prem, Champ or Birmingham AFA then success, although it helps, isn't at the top of your list
14:00, Thu 28 Mar
To be honest, if you enjoyed watching us with Zola in charge more than Rowett then I don't get it either and I don't think I ever will.

I can't really separate entertainment from success - not to that extent anyway. It's like saying you'd rather watch David Dunn fall over trying a rabona than watch Juke score a boring header.
14:06, Thu 28 Mar
Rags
bluebone

I was less bored under Zola than i was under Rowett. If you are committed and are going home and away (as i was back then) regardless of whether we are in Prem, Champ or Birmingham AFA then success, although it helps, isn't at the top of your list

I don't get it no, and i never will. I will never understand how someone could enjoy it more under zola than rowett. We didn't play better as we lost more. We won 2 in what 20+ games. You was more entertained watching your team lose and tumble down a league.

Football is about winning. I'm glad fans who don't care about success n can find losing less boring than winning are in the minority or we would have a club full of fans who do not care about us.

It's a very odd way of watching and following a sport that is about success and results.
14:10, Thu 28 Mar
To be honest, if you enjoyed watching us with Zola in charge more than Rowett then I don't get it either and I don't think I ever will.

I can't really separate entertainment from success - not to that extent anyway. It's like saying you'd rather watch David Dunn fall over trying a rabona than watch Juke score a boring header.

why twist ?

your "you enjoyed watching us with Zola in charge more than Rowett"

is vastly different to my actual "I was less bored under Zola than i was under Rowett."
14:12, Thu 28 Mar
Rags
bluebone

I don't get it no, and i never will. I will never understand how someone could enjoy it more under zola than rowett. We didn't play better as we lost more. We won 2 in what 20+ games. You was more entertained watching your team lose and tumble down a league.

Football is about winning. I'm glad fans who don't care about success n can find losing less boring than winning are in the minority or we would have a club full of fans who do not care about us.

It's a very odd way of watching and following a sport that is about success and results.

""I don't get it no, and i never will. I will never understand how someone could enjoy it more under zola than rowett. We didn't play better as we lost more. We won 2 in what 20+ games. You was more entertained watching your team lose and tumble down a league.""

No ... again you manage to show your ignorance ... I said i was "less bored"

edit >>> it if hekps i was even more bored under Alex McLeish than under Rowett
14:14, Thu 28 Mar
I feel complete again now he's home 😍
14:14, Thu 28 Mar
Gary failed to win 64 of his 106 matches in charge so he wasn’t wildly successful. He was OK, for a bit, became a bit depressing though.

I enjoyed watching under Rowett and Zola. If success was the yardstick, I’d be supporting someone else, or more likely nobody.