14:21, Thu 28 Mar
I have nothing against him coming back permanently if mowbray doesn't return for whatever reason.

The man got us top 10 with a shite squad and had millwall inches from play offs with a just as shit squad.

There is some awful memory loss from his haters on here with regards to the 'horrible' football. Under him we actually picked up points away from home and the run when toral was looking like lampard was anything but horrible.

I have seen far worse times and far worse football since rowett. The tables n results never lie.

lets go back to something however many years ago that was ok

is that the summit of your aspirations?

we can do miles better, he's a stop gap
14:22, Thu 28 Mar
Zola's spell was terrible, boring and painful. What was it, 14 goals in 22 games? Barely scored, couldn't defend, lost regularly, then bottled it and went 541. File it alongside Rooney's spell as a pile of dogshit.
Happy Clapper
Fat Buddha CBE
Gary failed to win 64 of his 106 matches in charge so he wasn’t wildly successful. He was OK, for a bit, became a bit depressing though.

I enjoyed watching under Rowett and Zola. If success was the yardstick, I’d be supporting someone else, or more likely nobody.

Soif it's entertainment rather than your team doing well you are after, i would be fascinated to hear why you watch us?

He was the most successful manager we have had since mcleish. So wildly successful or not, he took a team that contained jonathon grounds in it too being a solid mid table side. We have nearly got relegated in 90% of the years ever since haven't we? Constantly losing to shit teams in the championship isn't enjoyable, personally speaking.

If you get depressed at that, again i dread to think how you have felt ever since.
CastleBlue
Fat Buddha CBE
Gary failed to win 64 of his 106 matches in charge so he wasn’t wildly successful. He was OK, for a bit, became a bit depressing though.

I enjoyed watching under Rowett and Zola. If success was the yardstick, I’d be supporting someone else, or more likely nobody.

So if it's entertainment rather success and your team doing well you are after, i would be fascinated to hear why you watch us?

He was the most successful manager we have had since mcleish. So wildly successful or not, he took a team that contained jonathon grounds in it too being a solid mid table side. We have nearly got relegated in 90% of the years ever since haven't we? Constantly losing to shit teams in the championship isn't enjoyable, personally speaking.

If you get depressed at that, again i dread to think how you have felt ever since.
Tam
14:24, Thu 28 Mar
CastleBlue
Fat Buddha CBE

Soif it's entertainment rather than your team doing well you are after, i would be fascinated to hear why you watch us?

Nothing wrong with Jonathan Grounds. Plenty wrong with some of the others though. Rowett was capable, worthwhile at the time and dull. I'm glad that he's back for these 8 games, and then I would like to progress with capable and entertaining, please.
Make Blues Great Again
14:26, Thu 28 Mar
NouCamp
I have nothing against him coming back permanently if mowbray doesn't return for whatever reason.

The man got us top 10 with a shite squad and had millwall inches from play offs with a just as shit squad.

There is some awful memory loss from his haters on here with regards to the 'horrible' football. Under him we actually picked up points away from home and the run when toral was looking like lampard was anything but horrible.

I have seen far worse times and far worse football since rowett. The tables n results never lie.

Lets go back to not being in a relegation scrap, yes please.

Miles better how? I heard this when bringing zola in, i heard it when we bought rooney in. How many more times do you all need to be wrong before considering that maybe we should try winning games for once, regardless of how we do it.

We will never get out this league putting results on a back burner.
Tam
14:28, Thu 28 Mar
CastleBlue
NouCamp

Miles better how? I heard this when bringing zola in, i heard it when we bought rooney in. How many more times do you all need to be wrong before considering that maybe we should try winning games for once, regardless of how we do it.

Someone like Tony Mowbray, perhaps?
Make Blues Great Again
14:28, Thu 28 Mar
CastleBlue
Fat Buddha CBE

So if it's entertainment rather success and your team doing well you are after, i would be fascinated to hear why you watch us?

Who mentioned entertainment? You’re one of those aren’t you, pick bits and pieces from what someone said, then add something you made up yourself. Not really a person worth engaging with. It’s not 1992
14:32, Thu 28 Mar
NouCamp

a manager who has a promotion or 2 on their cv or at least finished in the top 6 of a division

a manager who has a playing style that fits with the vision of the owners which they've identified as the most effective way to progress

ie TM

you dont get either with Gary Rowett as manager playing the football he plays and you dont get promoted

or if you do then what? you're going to play that way in the Prem? it doesnt stack up
14:32, Thu 28 Mar
Tam
Tam
CastleBlue
Fat Buddha CBE

Nothing wrong with Jonathan Grounds. Plenty wrong with some of the others though. Rowett was capable, worthwhile at the time and dull. I'm glad that he's back for these 8 games, and then I would like to progress with capable and entertaining, please.

I would like to progress up the league. To me that's entertaining.
14:34, Thu 28 Mar
Waggeh
SHA has been doing this debate for years now. What is it about a middling championship manager in a nice pullover that inspires such strong feeling amongst our fans?

Is it just me who's not especially arsed about the bloke one way or the other.

Give it a rest lads. It's beyond tedious.

Waggeh for President
Tam
14:34, Thu 28 Mar
CastleBlue
Tam
CastleBlue
Fat Buddha CBE

And would you prefer to progress up the league playing entertaining football, or dull football, bearing in mind that entertaining, possession based attacking football is usually the way that promotion is achieved? The Mowbray way, perhaps?
Make Blues Great Again
14:39, Thu 28 Mar
NouCamp
NouCamp

a manager who has a promotion or 2 on their cv or at least finished in the top 6 of a division

a manager who has a playing style that fits with the vision of the owners which they've identified as the most effective way to progress

ie TM

you dont get either with Gary Rowett as manager playing the football he plays and you dont get promoted

or if you do then what? you're going to play that way in the Prem? it doesnt stack up

Whatever team goes up is going to suffer in the prem 90% of the time regardless of playing style. Burnley are a prime example, they aren't entertaining at all now they get embarassed every week.

You are on about jumping from 4th bottom to demanding a manager who has several promotions on his cv. Have you ever considered we might need to build for a season before turning into man city?

I want mowbray to stay, he's a good manager. But if doesn't come back, i would rather someone reliable than another rooney who people proclaimed would transform us.
14:55, Thu 28 Mar
Tam
Tam
CastleBlue
Tam
CastleBlue
Fat Buddha CBE

And would you prefer to progress up the league playing entertaining football, or dull football, bearing in mind that entertaining, possession based attacking football is usually the way that promotion is achieved? The Mowbray way, perhaps?

Entertaining, posession based football. Take a look at the top 6 for me, now tell me how much their squads are worth. In general, is it the teams that have just come down that are occupying these spots? Now if you can, explain to me how the rest of the championship plays. Is it entertaining? I think cov and ipswich play well, other than that i am really struggling for attractive football.

To achieve this football, odds are you need really good expensive players. We can't bring in really expensive players, as we have ffp. Which means we have to achieve results by playing to our strengths.

Mowbray plays decent football and gets decent results so i hope he stays. But i wouldn't care if he chose to be more solid, long as we aren't 4th bottom. Entertainment is behind results on priorty.
Tam
14:58, Thu 28 Mar
Well, we're not going anywhere with dour football, so let's hope that TM is back soon.
Make Blues Great Again