15:08, Thu 28 Mar
I think the plan for the summer is that we won’t end up with a League 1 squad who needs a Rowett in order to be successful. At least I hope we won’t need a Rowett…

If you look at his record when he’s got better players at his disposal, it doesn’t look so good. You can’t sign decent players and then ask them to play shit football because it doesn’t work.
15:10, Thu 28 Mar
You would never think it would be so difficult to explain why you prefer managers who get teams further up the table.

You could be forgiven for thinking that's what everyone would want but that isn't the case unfortunately.
15:26, Thu 28 Mar
NouCamp
NouCamp
I have nothing against him coming back permanently if mowbray doesn't return for whatever reason.

The man got us top 10 with a shite squad and had millwall inches from play offs with a just as shit squad.

There is some awful memory loss from his haters on here with regards to the 'horrible' football. Under him we actually picked up points away from home and the run when toral was looking like lampard was anything but horrible.

I have seen far worse times and far worse football since rowett. The tables n results never lie.

lets go back to something however many years ago that was ok

is that the summit of your aspirations?

we can do miles better, he's a stop gap

Lets go back to not being in a relegation scrap, yes please.

Miles better how? I heard this when bringing zola in, i heard it when we bought rooney in. How many more times do you all need to be wrong before considering that maybe we should try winning games for once, regardless of how we do it.

We will never get out this league putting results on a back burner.

a manager who has a promotion or 2 on their cv or at least finished in the top 6 of a division

a manager who has a playing style that fits with the vision of the owners which they've identified as the most effective way to progress

ie TM

you dont get either with Gary Rowett as manager playing the football he plays and you dont get promoted

or if you do then what? you're going to play that way in the Prem? it doesnt stack up

Whatever team goes up is going to suffer in the prem 90% of the time regardless of playing style. Burnley are a prime example, they aren't entertaining at all now they get embarassed every week.

You are on about jumping from 4th bottom to demanding a manager who has several promotions on his cv. Have you ever considered we might need to build for a season before turning into man city?

I want mowbray to stay, he's a good manager. But if doesn't come back, i would rather someone reliable than another rooney who people proclaimed would transform us.

i'm not demanding anything

just suggesting we can to better than the return of gary effing rowett full time

someone like Tony Mowbray who has those multiple promotions on his CV
Tam
15:37, Thu 28 Mar
Liam of Brum
You would never think it would be so difficult to explain why you prefer managers who get teams further up the table.

You could be forgiven for thinking that's what everyone would want but that isn't the case unfortunately.

It doesn't seem to be a difficult concept to grasp, to be honest. Nor is the concept of wanting to try and get promoted with attractive football. Difference is, dour football is unlikely to get you promoted.
Make Blues Great Again