16:12, Thu 28 Mar
The problem for them is they've built their whole personality on looking down their nose at Blues, every comment is always about the ground being a dump, Blues playing at 'the sty', our fans 'not having jobs', they call us tramps. There's always been a sneering attitude and a genuine belief that they are of a higher class

So when new owners come in and within the space of 8 months they buy a plot of land to build a stadium complex that will completely blow theirs out of the water, aesthetically and infrastructurally, and be the envy of most clubs in World Football, you look like a bit of a fanny, and your whole 'personality' crumbles like the North Stand, where do you go from here when you've spent your life belittling a club for being tinpot and having a shit stadium?

Enjoy watching events at our new beautiful home and contributing to our coffers, Vilers, we'll put the roof on so you don't get wet.
Happy Clapper
16:16, Thu 28 Mar
Le Mod
The problem for them is they've built their whole personality on looking down their nose at Blues, every comment is always about the ground being a dump, Blues playing at 'the sty', our fans 'not having jobs', they call us tramps. There's always been a sneering attitude and a genuine belief that they are of a higher class

So when new owners come in and within the space of 8 months they buy a plot of land to build a stadium complex that will completely blow theirs out of the water, aesthetically and infrastructurally, and be the envy of most clubs in World Football, you look like a bit of a fanny, and your whole 'personality' crumbles like the North Stand, where do you go from here when you've spent your life belittling a club for being tinpot and having a shit stadium?

Enjoy watching events at our new beautiful home and contributing to our coffers, Vilers, we'll put the roof on so you don't get wet.

This is it.

My Villa mates get so rattled when I just laugh at them and say 'you'll see' - never been so confident in my life we are going to crush them.
16:18, Thu 28 Mar
And not long after their own expansion plans got shelved, its wonderful
16:20, Thu 28 Mar
Meanwhile their “generational” stadium expansion has been paused and likely to be scraped in favour of filling in some corners.
Gazball?
16:23, Thu 28 Mar
When our Sports Quarter is built in what by then will be the city centre, there will be no reason for anyone other than core Villa fans to treck out to Witton to see an old football ground, we know it, they know it, infrastructurally we will have left them behind, it will be 10x bigger, infinitely better, more modern, more entertaining and more accessible.
Happy Clapper
16:29, Thu 28 Mar
I like the positivity. The last time I read posts like these (including mine) was when we were certain Stony Broke Tony Bloke was just about to sign the winding up order. Let's enjoy it. I hope this time it lasts.
16:42, Thu 28 Mar
Le Mod
When our Sports Quarter is built in what by then will be the city centre, there will be no reason for anyone other than core Villa fans to treck out to Witton to see an old football ground, we know it, they know it, infrastructurally we will have left them behind, it will be 10x bigger, infinitely better, more modern, more entertaining and more accessible.

A 430,000 capacity is certainly ambitious,
I hope I don't get a back row ticket in the gods.
16:43, Thu 28 Mar
A bit of sensitivity required here, LeMod won the “sit with Tony” competition and thought he was wonderful.
16:46, Thu 28 Mar
Great news. All systems go!
16:47, Thu 28 Mar
Sheep2
Le Mod

A 430,000 capacity is certainly ambitious,
I hope I don't get a back row ticket in the gods.

I'm referring to the Sports Quarter, not the stadium alone, we're looking at circa 60 acres all in I reckon, which wont be far off 10x Vile Park
Happy Clapper
16:59, Thu 28 Mar
Tony H
Does this stadium not require us to be established in the Premier league? Something that feels a million miles away right now.

A new stadium is going to take at least 5 years, and probably more like 8 years. I think we will be back in the Premiership in probably 5 years, maybe even sooner if we hold onto our Championship status.

I’ll be dead. Hope they don’t just give up on St Andrews in the meantime
17:03, Thu 28 Mar
El Mayor
Waggeh
Cheers Dan. Good read as usual, nice to have the facts separated from the clickbait and a reminder to be excited but still stay grounded.

Do we know either officially or just anecdotally how successful the Alliance Lounge has been for the club so far? I've only seen pictures but can imagine it cost Knighthead a few quid.

Not officially but I’ve heard it’s consistently sold out, at fairly steep prices.

I have had a taste of the lounge and can say the whole experience, apart from losing against Leicester was very very positive.
Car parking out the front, welcomed, looked after, great food and dink, on a par with other experiences like the races at Cheltenham!!!!
17:16, Thu 28 Mar
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
Waggeh
Cheers Dan. Good read as usual, nice to have the facts separated from the clickbait and a reminder to be excited but still stay grounded.

Do we know either officially or just anecdotally how successful the Alliance Lounge has been for the club so far? I've only seen pictures but can imagine it cost Knighthead a few quid.

Not officially but I’ve heard it’s consistently sold out, at fairly steep prices.

I thought the Alliance was invite only for potential and current sponsors?

Initially it was but now you can buy seats in there.
Excellent, thanks. I'll give it a go.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
17:19, Thu 28 Mar
Fat Buddha CBE
Tony H
Does this stadium not require us to be established in the Premier league? Something that feels a million miles away right now.

A new stadium is going to take at least 5 years, and probably more like 8 years. I think we will be back in the Premiership in probably 5 years, maybe even sooner if we hold onto our Championship status.

I’ll be dead. Hope they don’t just give up on St Andrews in the meantime

I don't think so. It took 3/3.5 years to build the new Spurs ground, Arsenals less that, so four years max I would think.
17:25, Thu 28 Mar
Still quite a bit to be done to prepare the site for building work to begin.

It’ll take as long as it takes

It’s just great to have something positive happening for both the club and the city.