17:37, Thu 28 Mar
LoadsaBlues
Fat Buddha CBE
Tony H
Does this stadium not require us to be established in the Premier league? Something that feels a million miles away right now.

A new stadium is going to take at least 5 years, and probably more like 8 years. I think we will be back in the Premiership in probably 5 years, maybe even sooner if we hold onto our Championship status.

I’ll be dead. Hope they don’t just give up on St Andrews in the meantime

I don't think so. It took 3/3.5 years to build the new Spurs ground, Arsenals less that, so four years max I would think.

I think Arsenal took more like 6 years, from the purchase of the site but financing caused some delay as well. Spurs isn't as helpful since they had a more complex planning process, due to listed buildings and CPOs - shouldn't have that for our new stadium.

My conclusion is that it is hard to know, without knowing how things like financing are and if there are any likely planning complications. So I'm not going to guess.
17:56, Thu 28 Mar
Miguelagenn
I'm a bit worried that Mo's part-worn tyres are going to put the kibosh on all this. I can't see where else the away end entrance is going to be.

How did you know my tyres need changing? 👀👀 Looks around for camera 👀👀
Thanks Dan - so bloody exciting. I am continually amazed though (not just on here, all over Blues pages on FB) with comments like...but, but we need to be in the prem or it's a waste of time...effin hell, don't people want Blues to move on and actually be something? are some so thin skinned that worrying about what vilers say about it, would mean they'd rather us stay in our box and be a shit club forever?

Genuinely gobsmacked by this pretty widespread attitude.
Up the feckin Blues
18:28, Thu 28 Mar
Snoop
LoadsaBlues
Fat Buddha CBE
Tony H
Does this stadium not require us to be established in the Premier league? Something that feels a million miles away right now.

A new stadium is going to take at least 5 years, and probably more like 8 years. I think we will be back in the Premiership in probably 5 years, maybe even sooner if we hold onto our Championship status.

I’ll be dead. Hope they don’t just give up on St Andrews in the meantime

I don't think so. It took 3/3.5 years to build the new Spurs ground, Arsenals less that, so four years max I would think.

I think Arsenal took more like 6 years, from the purchase of the site but financing caused some delay as well. Spurs isn't as helpful since they had a more complex planning process, due to listed buildings and CPOs - shouldn't have that for our new stadium.

My conclusion is that it is hard to know, without knowing how things like financing are and if there are any likely planning complications. So I'm not going to guess.

I am talking the actual build, from the point of the demolition of White Heart Lane.
18:31, Thu 28 Mar
They built most of it while they were still at WHL I think? It sort of overlapped the WHL site and it allowed them to carro in playing their while they got ¾ of the shell of the new stadium read.

They played at Wembley while they finished the rest of the new ground.
18:32, Thu 28 Mar
It's bloody exciting and I am bloody excited. Tom is playing the long game. I'm going to enjoy the ride
18:38, Thu 28 Mar
Great read, thanks Dan.

I’ll be interested in how the finance of the stadium is done, through a Blues subsidiary company or a Knighthead one.
It will bring in huge revenue streams once complete so I’m hoping it’s Blues, at least at the start.

I suppose Knighthead get their investment and profit from then selling the company that owns the Sports Quarter? Or selling the whole lot on to the next custodian of Blues?

My only worry is that Blues and stadium get separated somewhere down the line again as if that happens it can cause issues like Coventry had. Just have to wait and see how it plays out…

Other than that one niggle I’m hugely excited about our future, going to be a really interesting next 5-10 years and going to be great for Birmingham too.
Bring it on
Tom Wagner - “We plan to commit the resources, in line with EFL guidelines, the skills and the determination needed to deliver transformational improvements for the good of the club and the good of the city. The potential for Birmingham City is unlimited.”
19:05, Thu 28 Mar
Dan wonderful news supporters thinking that because the council’s financial situation that it would be cheap the commissioner is there to make the real value realised and I was reading the Mirror today and Crystal Palace’s turnover is 150 million pounds this is with a crowd of just under 25000 these people really are proper business men really stretching the income sources at Blues
19:40, Thu 28 Mar
Falstaff
Tony H

8 years....feck me is it being built with matchsticks 👀👀
20:18, Thu 28 Mar
Ray Mac
Falstaff
Tony H

Ironic, given the lack of decent strikers.
20:45, Thu 28 Mar
Ray Mac
Falstaff
Tony H

jesus, I will be dead by then
21:02, Thu 28 Mar
The Tottenham hotspur stadium took 4 years from the start of construction.

By the time the clean up on the site is finished and any snags that will come with large construction projects, it will probably will be closer to 8 years.
21:13, Thu 28 Mar
Rags
Burn the place down. Insignificant now
Die vile die

I still want Villa Park to exist

.... and after every single game at Villa Park i want the bastards, as they leave the place to look across town and see our new Stadium looming over the city, dominating the skyline

Linked Image

.. in fact i want it even higher than that so the bastards in Coventry and Wolverhampton can see it from there too

All very good but who fetches the ball when it gets kicked out of the ground 🤔
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
21:27, Thu 28 Mar
Tony H
They were established in the Premier League.

And with a big stadium that is generating lots of money we will have the budget to outspend most of the teams around us - it will be only a matter of when if it hasn't happened by the time the stadium is up and running.

Knighthead have it sussed - make shitloads of revenue, more than the clubs around you and they can't touch you.

With the ambition shown we will have the biggest budgets, the best players, the best facilities and the best staff.

All we need to do is be patient and jump aboard.

It was easier before ffp but we will do it anyway
21:39, Thu 28 Mar
Interesting read. The following piece in the Guardian is a good insight into sport franchise ownership in USA and a move to be as much about land development:

[www.theguardian.com]