17:05, Thu 28 Mar
Thongs
Get in

I'm confused what has happened??
17:07, Thu 28 Mar
It's done! Proposal passes without objection - the first hurdle is crossed in vision for super stadium and sports complex

Cllr Majid Mahmood, born and bred in east Birmingham, expresses his delight that the land is being released for a project that will act as a catalyst for the economic regeneration of one of the most deprived parts of the city, creating 3,000 jobs as well as skills and training for local people. This deal will also trigger huge interest locally, nationally and internationally."

Cllr John Cotton added: "I have been greatly interested in ensuring that the development meets the needs of the area."

And Mr Nell adds: "I cannot comment on recent media reports (about the buyer) but this site is integral to our ambitions for improving the health and wealth outcomes of thousands and thousands of people in our city. We will be pushing the social, environmental and economic opportunities this offers with the purchaser as we move forward."

The recommendations are all confirmed.

Council leader Cllr John Cotton: "I think this is a brilliant step for the city. We are still seeing record levels of investment in Birmingham and this deal demonstrates that. This site is vital for the future of East Birmingham. The area (around the Wheels site) is troubled by high unemployment and a lack of opportunities - this gives a great chance to create something special."

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
17:09, Thu 28 Mar
What a gargantuan club we are
17:14, Thu 28 Mar
Yeah but what if we don't win at QPR
Happy Clapper
17:15, Thu 28 Mar
They’ll clearly walk away.
17:30, Thu 28 Mar
Le Mod
Yeah but what if we don't win at QPR

The usual suspects will be out in force.. I’ll be disappointed but I’m used to that. What we have is some hope. Even if we do go down there’s no reason the rebirth won’t continue.

Most should see the bigger picture. Anyone criticising the leadership is a fool.
17:35, Thu 28 Mar
Up the Knighthead.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:44, Thu 28 Mar
A rise sir knighthead
The shadow of our crest is very slowly rising above ville park
19:59, Thu 28 Mar
Tom Wagner needs a key to the city!
20:06, Thu 28 Mar

By the amount of times I’ve seen the Lord Mayor’s Range Rover in the Kop car park I’d say he already has one.
My Blue Heaven
Up the Thongs

Thanks for all your help in getting this over the line
He won't be happy when we employ another DVB, to be our manager in 10 years time
20:48, Thu 28 Mar
Absolutely Gerry. Say “NO” to DvBs
20:54, Thu 28 Mar
Rightly so, all villa are bastards
20:55, Thu 28 Mar
Thongs
Absolutely Gerry. Say “NO” to DvBs
Good man
20:55, Thu 28 Mar
Lichblue

He bought it last July 💙⚪