17:40, Thu 28 Mar
A deal between Birmingham City FC and the city council over plans to create a sports mecca in the east of the city has taken a major step forward

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
17:47, Thu 28 Mar
Mecca 😧
17:48, Thu 28 Mar
£50m!!!!
17:49, Thu 28 Mar
Tony H
Mecca 😧

Are we playing bingo before each game 😳
17:52, Thu 28 Mar
Obviously this is massive for the club, but this could be genuinely huge for the city.
The cold never bothered me anyway
17:53, Thu 28 Mar
Thongs
£50m!!!![/qu

That’s what I thought, clearly wanted to ensure the got the site without it going to the open market by paying over the odds. They mean business
17:54, Thu 28 Mar
The regeneration of that land and extension of the city out from Curzon Street is a massive story and opportunity.

Hopefully they can bulldoze Dale End and the Oasis Market too.
18:12, Thu 28 Mar
Andy62
Thongs
£50m!!!![/qu

That’s what I thought, clearly wanted to ensure the got the site without it going to the open market by paying over the odds. They mean business

Would think 50 odd acres of land close to a city centre is a much better way to spend £50 Million than on a premier league centre forward. Who may or may not cut the mustard. Just shows how football at the top level has lost touch with reality.
18:16, Thu 28 Mar
Thongs
£50m!!!!

Cheap...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
19:22, Thu 28 Mar
That Tory div quoted is Villa, no surprise
23:34, Thu 28 Mar
It seems Knightead have read the room correctly and seen that the people assigned to leading what's left of the council are highly motivated sellers and even the vile fans within the council have been forced to vote for this deal even though they otherwise might not have if they hadn't bankrupted themselves. That's actually quite funny and something worth pointing out to vilers around you.