mad
18:25, Thu 4 Apr
I quite like smaller nations expressing their anthems/displaying their flags. I do think it best for larger more established nations to be more discrete about the flag/anthems etc... it is slightly off when you see mature countries like Germany, France, UK, USA wrap itself in the flag or boast unecessarily but having say a Union Flag (as in 66WC) or Flag of St George alongside all the other flags with equal numbers of them displayed in host venues/windows/pubs is great I think. I don't know where that puts somewhere like Israel which is kind of a western construct rather than a smaller nation state
18:25, Thu 4 Apr
My Blue Heaven
I’m planning on snorting your ashes so you can be inside me one last time

🤣
18:45, Thu 4 Apr
My Blue Heaven
I’m planning on snorting your ashes so you can be inside me one last time

😂
00:33, Fri 5 Apr
mad
I quite like smaller nations expressing their anthems/displaying their flags. I do think it best for larger more established nations to be more discrete about the flag/anthems etc... it is slightly off when you see mature countries like Germany, France, UK, USA wrap itself in the flag or boast unecessarily but having say a Union Flag (as in 66WC) or Flag of St George alongside all the other flags with equal numbers of them displayed in host venues/windows/pubs is great I think. I don't know where that puts somewhere like Israel which is kind of a western construct rather than a smaller nation state

I don't disagree with a single word of your answer ... but ì was asking why we have the National Anthem at our Cup Finals ... ie clubs, not countries
07:20, Fri 5 Apr
Probably harks back to royalty attending the matches
08:00, Fri 5 Apr
Probably harks back to royalty attending the matches

Yeah - i overlooked that
08:59, Fri 5 Apr
Hypothetical situation; Blues have a Ukrainian player, who scores a goal, takes his shirt off to reveal a pro Ukrainian message and mentions it in press conference etc, are we suggesting he should be reprimanded for that or censored or banned from doing it?

On the flipside, if we had a Russian player doing the same thing, would it be the same answer?

I suspect most people, if it were up to them, would have a different response, essentially meaning blues would have a political position on the matter...

Honest question, but it does feel to me that football has to have some sort of political/social position otherwise we end up censoring players?
09:02, Fri 5 Apr
Mods move thread to politics forum.
12:52, Wed 10 Apr
Thanks to those who have completed the survey. It is still live if anyone has a spare few minutes.

[doit.az1.qualtrics.com]
06:22, Fri 12 Apr
Survey still live if anyone has a spare few minutes.
08:30, Thu 18 Apr
Last shout to see if anyone has a spare few minutes to help me out with this research project.