21:15, Tue 9 Apr
Seen two separate people ask in two separate threads for a screenshot of the artist's impression (which in reality counts for nothing)

so here you go

Linked Image

click here for it bigger [i.ibb.co]
21:17, Tue 9 Apr
Didn't show the other end of the ground though, did they?

I reckon they're planning to move the Main Stand.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
21:19, Tue 9 Apr
🀣
He did point out where the mini golf was going to be though. πŸ‘
Turn left when you get on a plane.
to put the away fans in
21:20, Tue 9 Apr
Didn't show the other end of the ground though, did they?

I reckon they're planning to move the Main Stand.

T'other end is based on the Braga experience

Linked Image
21:20, Tue 9 Apr
Cheers Rags
mad
21:32, Tue 9 Apr
He was at pains to point out that it likely will not look like that. Just for a sense of the scale of the thing. 63,000 an absolute thunderbastard of a stadium straight out of the USA. I'm thinking Atlanta United but I'm thinking also it will be designed to be the most popular stadium for newbies to visit. The one in America I had a good mooch around two weeks back is Petco Park in San Diego. Now one of the reasons that's so popular is that their baseball team sucks and they let their opponents win pretty regularly but it is a thing of beauty and twenty years old but looks brand new. Also the 11 months of lovely weather helps. We want something like that shaped for football but more intimidating for opposing teams.

For NFL, rugby leagues annual weekender and possibly even severely limited short form cricket configurations they might slide surfaces in and out. Loved the question from Dan about Taylor Swift. My mate Bruce's band will be long gone by then but maybe U2 will still be dragging about and they have connections with Blues. How about a Vegas type sphere beside the stadium.
21:36, Tue 9 Apr
mad
He was at pains to point out that it likely will not look like that. Just for a sense of the scale of the thing. 63,000 an absolute thunderbastard of a stadium straight out of the USA. I'm thinking Atlanta United but I'm thinking also it will be designed to be the most popular stadium for newbies to visit. The one in America I had a good mooch around two weeks back is Petco Park in San Diego. Now one of the reasons that's so popular is that their baseball team sucks and they let their opponents win pretty regularly but it is a thing of beauty and twenty years old but looks brand new. Also the 11 months of lovely weather helps. We want something like that shaped for football but more intimidating for opposing teams.

For NFL, rugby leagues annual weekender and possibly even severely limited short form cricket configurations they might slide surfaces in and out. Loved the question from Dan about Taylor Swift. My mate Bruce's band will be long gone by then but maybe U2 will still be dragging about and they have connections with Blues. How about a Vegas type sphere beside the stadium.

Mine is better 'cos you can see it from Villa Park - just to piss them off

Linked Image

bigger version >>>> [i.ibb.co]
21:37, Tue 9 Apr
I just want a knockoff of the Indianapolis Colts stadium. Absolute belter!
mad
21:44, Tue 9 Apr
Also perfect elevation for the funicular station in from the Rotunda I had planned a couple of years back plus the network of gondolas that fan out across Saltley, Curzon St Station and Balsall Heath connecting with the Uber to Barnt Green
21:59, Tue 9 Apr
mad
Also perfect elevation for the funicular station in from the Rotunda I had planned a couple of years back plus the network of gondolas that fan out across Saltley, Curzon St Station and Balsall Heath connecting with the Uber to Barnt Green

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'm in, where do i sign up ?
22:19, Tue 9 Apr
What I can see of the stadium in the mockup looks a bit boring to be fair. Wembley is also boring and soulless. Hopefully our design is more interesting and reflective of our city's design heritage.

If it is the Wembley architects, they did the Lusail Stadium in Qatar. Something like that, which has a bit more character, would be class.

I'm being picky of course. Christ, how far we've come.
22:20, Tue 9 Apr
It’s not even a mock up. TW emphasised strongly that it was just to see what something that size would look like in that space.

The finished product will bear little resemblance.
22:21, Tue 9 Apr
I see, I jumped off for 2 mins and missed that part. I thought seeing as he hinted at the architects it might have some substance. Thanks for clarification.