12:47, Tue 16 Apr
So i always had a season ticket up until 6 years ago when i changed my job and my work patterns differed making going to Stans a pain in the bum for evening games and as things were on a downward spiral why go to all the effort ? ( yes i know , i know ), I live in Gloucester and realistically i don't get home from work much before 6pm and its unrealistic to nick off work early .

Now i know i can usually get from mine to Blues by about 7.30 and it never used to be a problem to find some off street parking and walk to Stans but since then i've had a stroke and my ability to walk more than a mile or so is a bit limited added to the fact i don't want my car sat anywhere that scroats can get at it ( and they will coz of the type of car it is ).

Sooo , do i just suck it up and miss some games or is there a solution that may have escaped by now rancid brain ?
12:50, Tue 16 Apr
There’s a car park you can reserve a space in but if I’m honest I don’t know if it’s outside the restricted traffic route

Hope you can get sorted though, we need more like you
12:59, Tue 16 Apr
They have opened up one you can book via the club at Fredderick Coopers, it's where the old bus station was where the Vic used to be (by the head in the road). Think thats £10.

Failing that there is boardesley green girls school which is currently £5. Both less than 1 mile from the ground.
13:07, Tue 16 Apr
Nose of Blue
They have opened up one you can book via the club at Fredderick Coopers, it's where the old bus station was where the Vic used to be (by the head in the road). Think thats £10.

I parked here on Saturday- it’s a fiver and was very well organised. 10 minute walk from the ground.

The only reason I’d never park there again is because 1 hour after getting into my car, I was just over a mile from the ground- the traffic was HORRENDOUS!!!

But if that doesn’t bother you, I highly recommend it!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
13:12, Tue 16 Apr
The club will be utilising some of the Wheels site next season for secure parking I believe, so stay tuned for that, hopefully it helps
Happy Clapper
13:14, Tue 16 Apr
dork
So i always had a season ticket up until 6 years ago when i changed my job and my work patterns differed making going to Stans a pain in the bum for evening games and as things were on a downward spiral why go to all the effort ? ( yes i know , i know ), I live in Gloucester and realistically i don't get home from work much before 6pm and its unrealistic to nick off work early .

Now i know i can usually get from mine to Blues by about 7.30 and it never used to be a problem to find some off street parking and walk to Stans but since then i've had a stroke and my ability to walk more than a mile or so is a bit limited added to the fact i don't want my car sat anywhere that scroats can get at it ( and they will coz of the type of car it is ).

Sooo , do i just suck it up and miss some games or is there a solution that may have escaped by now rancid brain ?

I suppose there's two separate points.

Travel/accessibility to the ground for disabled supporters- Something the club could and should be doing something about so definitely worth you reaching out to them directly. Theyve got a supporters services twitter page which might be the first port of call.

Your personal restrictions re: your last min arrival time. That might be more difficult given the road restrictions. Some not very insightful suggestions (which im sure youve already considered):

Is it not possible for you to finish work slightly earlier to get to the ground for midweek games?

Would travelling to the ground directly from work get you there any earlier?

Is this a problem for Friday night games, or just Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday games? I think weve had roughly 8 night home games, with 3 of them on a Friday so if you can make those, worst case scenario is you can still make over 75% of our home games.

Hope you can get something sorted, we need you there to witness our hostile takeover of world football.
Tam
13:16, Tue 16 Apr
Just a thought, but at the back of the Main Stand I think there's parking available on the road for blue badge holders. I don't know if you qualify, of course, but just thought I'd mention it as a possibility
Make Blues Great Again
13:23, Tue 16 Apr
There's parking at the Primary School on St Andrew's Street. Right by the GM and Main stand. I don't know how much it costs, but it is convenient.
13:24, Tue 16 Apr
There some paid parking on Garrison Lane as well. Above HMS Forward. It uused to be £5. No idea now. Getting away after the game is slow.
13:26, Tue 16 Apr
We also live in Gloucester (me Just off Elbridge road, one at the docks and the other lad in Churchdown).

One of them has a disability blue badge so we always try and get there in time to park in Arthur street. Failing that the Railway side down Bolton road. A couple of time this season we have been late and used the Church between Roost and Tilton for £5

For Saturday 3pm games we are on the road just before 12 and for midweek 5pm. We then head to the Roost and depending on attendance dictates just how rammed it is in there.

Not sure if any of that helps.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
13:32, Tue 16 Apr
The club are planing park & ride from wheels and new Season Tickets will have an option to purchase parking as part of it
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
mad
13:39, Tue 16 Apr
Paddocks might be your friend if like me you are repelled by the sheer number of Tuesday night fixtures these days

kick-off set to take place over the weekend of 10/11 August 2024, with the regular League campaign ending on May 3, 2025

46 rounds of League matches will take place across 33 weekends, 9 midweeks and 4 Bank Holidays in the Championship, with Leagues One and Two playing over 36 weekends, 6 midweeks and 4 Bank Holidays

So potentially 4 or 5 home midweek games to subtract from your ST and work out what value each game will be.
I quite like Friday nights and usually make a couple of the Tuesdays anyway and might miss a couple of Saturdays for other reasons

Hopefully for me anyway we are on Friday nights a 2 or 3 times next season I think Sky will be looking to show us a bit more again to begin with anyway
13:48, Tue 16 Apr
dork

I think there’s a church on Cattell Rd before The Roost as well. Get there early and sample a fan park or The Roost
Tony Fantastico
14:27, Tue 16 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
dork
its unrealistic to nick off work early .
Now i know i can usually get from mine to Blues by about 7.30

Get there early and sample a fan park or The Roost
14:33, Tue 16 Apr
Madeira Blue
Rab C Nesbitt
dork
its unrealistic to nick off work early .
Now i know i can usually get from mine to Blues by about 7.30

Get there early and sample a fan park or The Roost
Book the day off
Tony Fantastico