11:44, Wed 24 Apr
I doubt any club shares full details of exactly how the tickets it receives for away games are allocated. Or for home games.
So far as I am aware there is a thriving secondary market at almost every club where demand exceeds supply for games.
I suspect that this has always been the case. It's just that now twitter and facebook posts make it more visible rather than tickets being bought and sold in local pubs. At least, unlike London clubs, Blues don't seem to be infested by professional ticket touts.

As you, and others, have pointed out if you buy a season ticket you can get a gold membership in the first season, by going to away games. You will then pretty much get tickets for any game. If you miss out on a game or two that will be it and you'll be in the platinum club the season after.

I don't think the system is perfect, but no other system would be better and the club aren't going to end the practice of handing out a few tickets. There will always be some tickets given away or sold to people who don't qualify. And a few tickets sold on by members. So long as it is only a small % I don't think it is something that can be or necessarily should be stopped. It's far better than the away cards we had in the first years in the PL where large numbers got extra stamps without going to games. I wrote to the club about not getting WBA or Man Utd tickets despite having been to enough games.

"As you, and others, have pointed out if you buy a season ticket you can get a gold membership in the first season, by going to away games. You will then pretty much get tickets for any game. If you miss out on a game or two that will be it and you'll be in the platinum club the season after."

Didn't someone work out that it would take 2.5 seasons to go from zero to Gold by attending all games (notably the very far away midweek games) that went to open sale, and then silver, based on first getting silver ... and that since status doesn't get updated until the start of a season it is effectively 3 seasons
11:44, Wed 24 Apr
It doesn’t look good I agree, but I’d expect it to be 5-10 tickets max given to the local OSC.

I also think there seems to be added emphasis on OSC’s small allocation, given that the club have gone public that it’s a benefit of signing up to one. The other ways of getting an away ticket, corporate ect, haven’t really been made transparent by the club so they seem to be overlooked currently. These also have a far higher allocation.

I signed up to my OSC with the intention of travelling up to games, watching games we can’t make at pubs ect. I’d scrap the small OSC allocation going forwards, it’s created a lot of (understandable) negativity around what was a decent idea.
Gazball?
11:50, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
I doubt any club shares full details of exactly how the tickets it receives for away games are allocated. Or for home games.
So far as I am aware there is a thriving secondary market at almost every club where demand exceeds supply for games.
I suspect that this has always been the case. It's just that now twitter and facebook posts make it more visible rather than tickets being bought and sold in local pubs. At least, unlike London clubs, Blues don't seem to be infested by professional ticket touts.

As you, and others, have pointed out if you buy a season ticket you can get a gold membership in the first season, by going to away games. You will then pretty much get tickets for any game. If you miss out on a game or two that will be it and you'll be in the platinum club the season after.

I don't think the system is perfect, but no other system would be better and the club aren't going to end the practice of handing out a few tickets. There will always be some tickets given away or sold to people who don't qualify. And a few tickets sold on by members. So long as it is only a small % I don't think it is something that can be or necessarily should be stopped. It's far better than the away cards we had in the first years in the PL where large numbers got extra stamps without going to games. I wrote to the club about not getting WBA or Man Utd tickets despite having been to enough games.

"As you, and others, have pointed out if you buy a season ticket you can get a gold membership in the first season, by going to away games. You will then pretty much get tickets for any game. If you miss out on a game or two that will be it and you'll be in the platinum club the season after."

Didn't someone work out that it would take 2.5 seasons to go from zero to Gold by attending all games (notably the very far away midweek games) that went to open sale, and then silver, based on first getting silver ... and that since status doesn't get updated until the start of a season it is effectively 3 seasons

My son will be Gold next year (at current criteria) and only had Season Ticket status. There were loads of games at the start/middle that got down to STs
11:51, Wed 24 Apr
It doesn’t look good I agree, but I’d expect it to be 5-10 tickets max given to the local OSC.

I also think there seems to be added emphasis on OSC’s small allocation, given that the club have gone public that it’s a benefit of signing up to one. The other ways of getting an away ticket, corporate ect, haven’t really been made transparent by the club so they seem to be overlooked currently. These also have a far higher allocation.

I signed up to my OSC with the intention of travelling up to games, watching games we can’t make at pubs ect. I’d scrap the small OSC allocation going forwards, it’s created a lot of (understandable) negativity around what was a decent idea.

I'm not sure if i'm even against the idea of OSCs getting say "2 tickets per game to raffle off" .... at least that sort of transparency would stop those running OSCs snaffling the benefits for themselves ... it's the sense of superioriy and the sneering that is most annoying to me. ... and then what's to stop the winners of those 2 tickets selling them on ?

PS ... saw a bloke on Facebook offering £100 for a ticket ... got sorted within a few minutes
11:53, Wed 24 Apr

My son will be Gold next year (at current criteria) and only had Season Ticket status. There were loads of games at the start/middle that got down to STs

In one season ? ... i stand corrected then. Thanks
12:01, Wed 24 Apr

In one season ? ... i stand corrected then. Thanks

16 ganes went to ST holders this season
12:08, Wed 24 Apr
Working backwards, these games made it to ST and should have been enough to get to gold for next season.
Leicester x2
Hull x2
Ipswich
Sheff W
Coventry
Blackburn
Cardiff
Sunderland
Boro
Norwich.
Preston
Bristol.

Probably more I missed that I couldn’t see on the ticket Twitter.
Gazball?
12:13, Wed 24 Apr
Working backwards, these games made it to ST and should have been enough to get to gold for next season.
Leicester x2
Hull x2
Ipswich
Sheff W
Coventry
Blackburn
Cardiff
Sunderland
Boro
Norwich.
Preston
Bristol.

Southampton, Leeds and Stoke

So 17 actually, couldnt go to Bristol so didnt realise it went to ST
12:19, Wed 24 Apr
I think Cheltenham might’ve snuck into ST too, so 18.
Gazball?
12:20, Wed 24 Apr
Leicester x2
Hull x2
Ipswich
Sheff W
Coventry
Blackburn
Cardiff
Sunderland
Boro
Norwich.
Preston
Bristol.

Southampton, Leeds and Stoke

So 17 actually, couldnt go to Bristol so didnt realise it went to ST

It takes dedication that i no longer have and the current priority system (with problems ironed out) would still seem, to me, to be the fairest.
12:35, Wed 24 Apr
Rags

This season

Leicester FA Cuo
Leicester
Hull Fa Cup
Hull
Preston
Norwich
Middlesbrough
Sunderland
Blackburn
Sheffield Wednesday
Ipswich (I think)
Leeds
Coventry

All went to Season ticket holders at least. A number of them didn't fully sell out.
That is 13 games. The gold/silver cut off was 10 this season.

I'm pretty certain you could get to gold in 1 season if you go to every game you can.
That means effectively in season 2 you can go to every game, with the possible exception of Luton/Bournemouth and WBA>
There are a few games where you might want to be online to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale.

I think this will change a bit. It's possible the number of games needed will rise and fewer games may reach ST holders in future. I don't believe there are a massive number of people who go regularly away who wil miss out.

I expect that most away fans start by going to the occasional local game (Coventry/Leicester this season) and only build up once the bug really hits. I doubt that many try to go to every away game in their first year as a season ticket holder. Just becoming a season ticket holder is a big commitment at first.

Edit: I see I missed a few games and others got in first. There are very few people who make a big effort following Blues who miss out on many tickets.
12:38, Wed 24 Apr
And they are exactly the games where it would be fine to say "send a few to the local OSC once we hit general sale as we're struggling to sell them all".

The fact they've done it for the biggest game of the season when plenty of golds have missed out is what is exacerbating things.
12:40, Wed 24 Apr
Exactly

The more premium/important away games should be sold as per the away membership

Shouldn’t be any spare tickets redistributed outside of that first and foremost regardless of who’s pot they’ve come from
12:42, Wed 24 Apr
Chris says FEA
And they are exactly the games where it would be fine to say "send a few to the local OSC once we hit general sale as we're struggling to sell them all".

The fact they've done it for the biggest game of the season when plenty of golds have missed out is what is exacerbating things.

At least people can’t blame Aamir any more.
12:48, Wed 24 Apr
It’s defo his fault